Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are the extreme's available yet?

3djedi

Not that I've seen. And I have a stk2 and a stk3 both 9mm so I've been looking.

Although I have a custom 2011 as my main limited gun I'm thinking of picking one of these up to use as a back-up gun. I might just get the regular version and then part it out as time goes by. I think it would be cheaper to.

Edited by Prov1x

• 2 weeks later...

The stock 3 extreme and limited extreme have been in Australia for about a year now. Stock 2 extremes are about a week away.

I have only played with the stock 3 extreme and it was nice. Trigger could still be better but I do like the colour combo on it more than the mirrors version on the s2e.

I'll let you know what I think of the s2e soon. :)

I don't get it. I would think the US would be a huge market for these. Why are we the last to get them?

Because the importer has zero interest in the shooting sports, takes all the leftover production of whatever mismatched calibers/models are not selling abroad, and dumps them on the US market because Americans will buy anything shiny.

Yeah, but it seems that my family in Australia can get the gun I want easier than I can in the US. Oh well...at least I have an easier time buying my guns than my family in NJ, NY, and DC.

I don't get it. I would think the US would be a huge market for these. Why are we the last to get them?

Because the importer has zero interest in the shooting sports, takes all the leftover production of whatever mismatched calibers/models are not selling abroad, and dumps them on the US market because Americans will buy anything shiny.
But EAA sponsors Ben stoeger and JJ racaza....... they must have some interest, right?

We have had them in Canada for a little while now.

And what is your impression of them? Specifically the limited version??

I pre ordered a Stock III Xtreme. Delay after delay I finally received it 27 weeks later.

Probably one of my biggest regrets was purchasing this "out of the box ready to compete" gun.

From the factory it was shooting 3" right and 3" low. ok whatever. But to get it to zero the rear sight favors the left side and doesn't sit centered.

My biggest issue is that the trigger job isn't even that great and it literally does not shoot CCI no. 500's in DA and the odd SA...which is kind of important in production lol. Yes sure it will shoot federals but would be nice if it ran my sponsors ammo.

We have had them in Canada for a little while now.

And what is your impression of them? Specifically the limited version??

I pre ordered a Stock III Xtreme. Delay after delay I finally received it 27 weeks later.

Probably one of my biggest regrets was purchasing this "out of the box ready to compete" gun.

From the factory it was shooting 3" right and 3" low. ok whatever. But to get it to zero the rear sight favors the left side and doesn't sit centered.

My biggest issue is that the trigger job isn't even that great and it literally does not shoot CCI no. 500's in DA and the odd SA...which is kind of important in production lol. Yes sure it will shoot federals but would be nice if it ran my sponsors ammo.

Every pistol I've ever shot always had a tendency of a little low left. Almost 100% likely my fault due to flinching or whatever. I've had two witness's and I've had the exact opposite problem. They Shoot a little high and right. The rear sight is pushed left like you had to do. I can't explain how 10 different guns shoot low left and only the witness shoots high right. (note: this is at 25 yards)

I just noticed looking in the catalog that the Stock III has a 4.75 inch barrel but the Stock III Extreme is only 4.5 inches long. I wonder why the 1/4 inch difference?

Yeah must be misprint, the barrel length on my stock 3 xtreme is 125mm or 4.92"

Every pistol I've ever shot always had a tendency of a little low left. Almost 100% likely my fault due to flinching or whatever. I've had two witness's and I've had the exact opposite problem. They Shoot a little high and right. The rear sight is pushed left like you had to do. I can't explain how 10 different guns shoot low left and only the witness shoots high right. (note: this is at 25 yards)

That is crazy haha.

Edited by rialcel

I can confirm my stock 3 extreme also shot slightly low and approx 3 inches to the right, so I guess the consistency is a good thing?

I have not had any issues with my cci 500 primers as yet though.

At least I'm not alone! On another note can we be xtreme buddies? lol

Any chance you have a lyman digital pull gauge and can tell me what your DA and SA is at?

my light strikes in DA are really consistent. They take 2 trigger pulls to set off and the primer strikes are not centered on the primers.

I haven't had a chance to test the trigger pull yet, I haven't got all the toys as I haven't been shooting very long, I do want to test the pull on both this and my open gun.

The only issue I had with primer ignition was my own fault as my seating adjustment had backed out a tiny amount.

It appears that demand is outpacing supply right now for the extreme models. I am still waiting to receive a stock iii extreme that I ordered in August 2014. According to our Canadian importer Freedom Ventures, Tanfoglio is struggling to produce guns fast enough to fill existing orders. The only way to get one now is to put a deposit down and wait, patiently if you can.

Edited by Bigturk

It appears that demand is outpacing supply right now for the extreme models. I am still waiting to receive a stock iii extreme that I ordered in August 2014. According to our Canadian importer Freedom Ventures, Tanfoglio is struggling to produce guns fast enough to fill existing orders. The only way to get one now is to put a deposit down and wait, patiently if you can.

Mine took 27 weeks from freedom ventures. all I can say is good luck because it feels like they have hung me out to dry with a gun that does not perform like it is supposed to. Its depressing to wait that long for something this bad. On top of that my friend has a standard stock 3 with all the xtreme parts in it and his gun performs 100% more reliably and has nicer trigger than my stock 3 xtreme,

Edited by rialcel