Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SC Sectional Match

I’ve been working since I got back on Sunday, so this is my first chance to say Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to build and run this match so the rest of us could play. Despite starting the match with a cold wind, the day turned out to be beautiful. I’m especially glad it wasn’t raining.

I averaged one penalty per stage, but had a bunch ‘o fun. I was talking to Erik after his first stage when he was starting to suspect something was wrong with his sights. After reading here about his front sight being loose in the slot, I went and checked mine. It was firmly attached, so I’ll have to look elsewhere for a good excuse.

There were lots of people I met in SC last year, and I got to meet quite a few folks from Enos-land.

Linda Chico – Stats Goddess!, Shooter Grrl (and gentle-giant of a husband, Dave), JFD (very cool stage, man), JFlowers (very evil stage, man), and so many more I can’t think of right now.

The guys on one stage were TOO good to me. I got a piece of hot brass down my shirt and sort of lost track of where I was. I missed one target entirely, and had 3Alpha/1 Charlie on another. When I pointed out they forgot to give me an FTE they refused and said “we can’t score from behind the line.” I tried arguing the point, but they kept smiling and shaking their heads.

Thanks again to everyone who made this possible. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did.

…Mark

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to post this in the 'What I Like' forum but I think it is more fitting here. During the awards ceremony at the SC Championship banquet, Linda Chico announced that she was approached by the shooter who actually won High 'C' Limited when he learned such. He wanted to let her know that he was concerned as a couple of classifiers had not caught up to him in Limited (He is a fine 'B' Lim10 shooter) and he feels that he truly is a B class shooter. His match percentage was B class and he would have finished 2nd B as a matter of fact. He told Linda to remove him from the running for the cash award (a couple hundred bucks) so that their would be a true 'C' class winner.

I don't care what class USPSA has this guy listed as, He's a real class act.

I also don't want to embarrass him but he's a contributor here as well....

(Guess you'll have to check the scores.... :) )

I had another surprise at the match where my 168 PF loads in Greenville were not 168 PF loads in Columbia!

Took all 8 rounds to squeak by with the lowest major PF of the match. I think I ended up with a 165.4 average.

Not a good idea to create a new load the week before the match. No wonder it felt softer than my standard load.

Now I remember why I usually run 172+ PF loads for bigger matches.

I definitely learned a lot at this match.

The whole Chrono At Different places things is spooky. My 174pf Open loads (Chrono'd at Spartanburg the week before) came at to be a 184pf at Columbia! Guess that balances my 167pf L10 loads that Chrono'd at 165.1 after 6 rounds at A6 2004.