Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullets out Single Stack Mag Pouches?

JesseM

I've been giving some though to shooting single stack recently. I was thinking about getting some of the blade tech double pouches and calling it a day but I remember seeing some guys at matches with these contraptions that store like 6 single stack mags pointing bullets out form the belt that seemed like they saved a lot of space on the belt.

Who makes those style and are they actually any good?

Double alpha makes some, I think there are adapters to make the Ghost pouches work. There are also pouches that hold 6 mags about a finger width apart (which is what I think is what you're talking about), I've never seen anybody be able to make those work.

Those are what I'm talking about. I'm not sure if they actually work or if they are tacticool nonesense though.

The cloest I could find online are Safariland 79/775 slimline pouches which isn't what I saw before but might be interesting.

I already have a few ghost pouches so I'm tempted to get the spacers for those but that's a lot of belt space and reaching because I'm going to need 5 or 6 pouches on my belt and those things take up a lot of space on a belt.

Edited by JesseM

I've used the daa SS pouches bullet out

Tried it in matches and dry fire for couple months

Went back to side mounted bullets forward

I carry six pouches and have them 1/4 " apart

Didn't save much room sideways as I had leave room for my finger in between

But. Daa SS pouches work either way and are half the size of there regular pouch