Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2005 Area 4 Championship

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Terry and Linda Ashton stage having Texas Stars????

Who would have thunk that?

:D

At least Terry hasn't built the Special Star that I've been pestering him for, for...well, about a year now. I want two Star armatures on the same hub, so I can have the front plates removable hard cover (or no shoots...buah hah hah) and the back plates targets. Or three "shoot" plates on each set of five arms, and two no-shoot plates....or one shoot plate and nine no-shoot plates...or...

I think I'll go take a nap now :ph34r:

Alex

Wakal,

Had a monthly match in Jax a couple months ago. It had two stars, one in front of the other. The rear one was spinning when you got there due to a prior activator......The thing was wicked.......and fun.

I and my gang of loony toons are in squad 21. One each in each division except revolver. I should convince our pair of Production guys that one needs to go to a wheelgun. Just so everything is in balance you understand.

Elbows are being bloodied in prep for the 50 yd standards. Some of us are actually practicing. Ammo is being chrono'ed. Life is good. We'll see you there.

-Now somewhere around here has to be a cattle gate-

Hi Folks,

I'm sure to get flamed BIG TIME but I'd like to reply to some of the comments I've read about the match this year.

1) I put the stage designers name on each stage for a reason..You'll know who to blame!! I'll take the hits for those I designed.

2) Hicks wanted the 50 yard standards back for only 1 reason..the rain didn't allow the shooters to go prone last year. I'm scared as h--l that it will rain again and they'll show up again in 2006. (I'll just quit!!)

3) Stage 11 does indeed have the Texas Star and various forms of it. Just be glad Hicks didn't have his way. He wants to see one on a mover!!!

4) Speaking of mover. the plates on Stage 2 are Texas Star plates mounted on a low mover (like the running rabbit in sporting clays)

5) "I" named the standards on 4,5 and 6 after the designer!!!

6) Amidon wants all the measurements on 3,4,5 and 6 for consideration as future classifiers (SCARY!)

7) In November our MD(Tom Drazy) cleared the gate on stage 12 with ease. Not bad for a guy with an artifical left leg!!

8) I registered shooter #176 tonight. The match is over 1/2 full

9) The only time period left is the FriAM/SatPM period

Enough bandwidth use. See you at the range. Mr. Fix-It

Hank,

Name the Place, Time and what beverages will be available and I'll be there.

Ray

I'm open to suggestions. To get the ball rolling....

Let's meet up Friday evening at 8:00 PM. Match hotel, Econo Lodge in Bossier City, at the pool. BYOB. BYO folding chair also.

Hank,

That sounds good to me.

Ray,

Let me know if you need some help building that gate setup. I would really like to try it as my knees have really been acting up lately. I use to be able to one hop those things, but bad knees and 100 extra pounds will change that.

What is the time for getting over the gate??

Is there such a thing as a good time or is it a survival thing, get over it in one piece, without breaking something and then shoot the stage.

Does being old, overweight, inflexable , and not able to hid the ground running( more likely hit the ground with my butt) Qualify as a a handicap. I'd take the 20% penalty to not have to go over the gate, and just shoot the stage.

Piper,

The stage is a 90 point stage.

I'm looking to shave .5 of a second off of my possible time.

However, I intend to practice and have a plan that I am confident in by match time. If I don't have that, or if the gate is somehow different, or if weather/surface conditions are not to my mind's liking, This will be a survival stage.

I can't justify blowing out a knee or going down face first attempting to save .5 seconds only to add 2-3 seconds of time, and possibly a limp, to my outing.

I think for most people, me included, this will end up being a survival stage.

A stopwatch will tell just how much faster one hop up and over is than using the bars like a ladder and climbing.

I'll give you a report soon.

The truly athletic can vault the thing. The less-so end up putting one or more feet on it to climb over. I think I took one step on it at the ETS match last year but still won the stage. Note that all the dinking around before shooting lowers the hit factor considerably. I'm not a fan of a lot of dinking around before shooting.