Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sti aluminum grip question

FireShooter

I just bought a sti aluminum grip for my edge. Installed it yesterday do now the mags get stuck in the gun. Have to pull quite hard to get the mags to drop. Took it back off and re-installed the polymer grip, now everything works fine. Anyone else had this issue or know what to do about it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just put one on and it worked with 2 or 3 of the mags I used. I will try the rest to make sure.

I had trouble with a mainspring housing but filed the plastic MSH and now it works.

I also had a hard time with the Camerons BAM magwell, but it also was a hassle on the polymer grip. I think it was the magwell.

It works great now, and I like it better than the polymer grip. I am putting on Dawsons grip tape.

Randy

Edited by redwoods

Mag too long for the grip? That was my issue on not fitting and having to be ripped out of the gun. Ended up having to put it in a vice and crank it to get it right which has to be done carefully as to not rack the mag. I did it because at that point I had nothing to loose as it was that it have a mag that was useless