Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Onepocket

Tite group

I have almost ran through all if my 231. Titegroup is what I have been able to get a hold of. That being said what bullet weight does titegroup like 124 or 147 or does it matter. I like and use Bayou bullets.

I use TG across the board, 9, 40, and 45. With different weight bullets, major, and minor. The only pistol powder I need, other than hs6 for open.

jj

Edited by RiggerJJ

I've used it in both.

Jacketed MG 124 JHP - 3.7-3.8gr gives > 130PF @1.065" OAL

Various coated bullets @ 3.6gr ~1.085" OAL ~132PF

147gr Xtreme plated RN 3.2-3.3gr gives right above 130PF, 1.14" OAL

Bump up .1-.2gr if you're loading longer OAL vs the above.

My favorite is VV N320 but a friend of mine uses TG exclusively i his 9mm with Xtreme 147 RN and really likes it. A bit too sooty for my liking.

I use the extreme 147 grain rn in both my 9's and 38 supers and works great. goes along ways also

I 've shot quite a bit of X-Treme 124g hp over 4.2 grains TG at 1.150 OAL. Velocity is 1050. Accurate load and gives that sexy slight discoloration on the muzzle! :cheers:

Love TG for 9mm. It's all I run anymore, and it seems like nobody else is buying. Pretty easy to find.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use Titegroup for all my 9mm. I have been shooting Black Bullets International 124, 135, and 147. All have worked very well with Titegroup.

3.1gr Titegroup behind a 147 gr Bayou at 1.130 OAL. GREAT LOAD!!!!

I use Titegroup for both 124 grain and 147 grain bullets and it works great for both.

124 grain Xtreme I use 4.1 grains of Titegroup

147 grain Xtreme or RMR I use 3.2 grains of Titegroup

both loads are accurate and recoil softly. They make PF for IDPA.

I use 3.1 @ 1.14 with the 147gr extremes out of a 34. I did a pretty comprehensive search on here and this is what most were using.

great powder, bought 16#'s last month. still can't understand why some are spooked by it. anything bad can happen, if you decide to go brain dead while loading.

TG is good powder. It is what I am using at the moment for 9mm, 380 acp and 40SW I also have W231, HP38, CFE pistol and Power Pistol as well but will keep loading TG until I run out of stock....at least 3 yrs from today.

People are afraid of double charge using TG but if you keep an eye on what you are doing and use common sense then you should be ok. There is always risk when you reload so PLEASE be careful and use common sense.

Powder check is a great tool for those worried about double charge.

Just FYI 231 and HP38 are the same powder. The "Powder Factor Show" has 3 different episodes interviewing the president if Hodgedon Powders. Lots if great info on there. Thanks for everyone's input on Titegroup, at the moment I am shooting a ton of rounds and going through a lot of powder. I am buying and using what ever I can use.

Edited by Onepocket

My match load for 9MM CZ Shadow T and Compact L is as follows: Remington 115 FMJ; 4.5 Grains of Hodgen Titegroup; Federal SPP; 1.140 OAL.. The load is very accurate and recoil is snappy.

I've tried Titegroup with 125 grain RNL, but it is too smokey for my purposes. Evidently it burns a little hot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I started using TG with 124gr MG and they felt great. Then I switched to 135 BBI with TG and it feels like cheating.

124gr / 3.9 TG / 1.140 = 132pf

135gr / 3.2 TG / 1.140 = 132pf