Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just ordered my new Stock 1 10mm!

Astocks2622

just placed my order for a Stock 1 in 10mm! can't wait to get it out to the range & put it thru its paces. $815 out the door ain't too bad!

Sorry, got excited as this is my first foray into the higher end Witness line. had a 10mm steel whith the scalloped slide that cracked on me. hopefully this will be a sight better.

Join us over at the 10mm board: www.10mm-firearms.com

I have just a couple 10mm's :) In my EAA pieces I put the Henning cone guide rod, flat bottom firing pin block and a 20-22lb Wolff spring depending on the load. Thousands of rounds with some extreme loads (+800lbs) and they all look excellent still.

Join us over at the 10mm board: www.10mm-firearms.com

I have just a couple 10mm's :) In my EAA pieces I put the Henning cone guide rod, flat bottom firing pin block and a 20-22lb Wolff spring depending on the load. Thousands of rounds with some extreme loads (+800lbs) and they all look excellent still.

Good advice!

The trigger will be alright, but it can be made great with very little work that you can do yourself.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=191773 (I guess you know that a CZ and a Tanfo are kissing cousins) I skipped the dremel and just used 1000 grit from AutoZone, only took an hour to polish the vitals.

You are going to need a good set of punches (thin ones).

Buying new guns is the finest use for paychecks humans have devised, (riding roller coasters is a close 2nd)

Edited by aceinyerface

yeah, was planning on 20 lb spring & cone-fit guide rod. most of the ammo i shoot will be standard target loads, but I do intend to build up some 200 gr hardcast loads around 1200fps for woods defense, & some 155gr Gold dots around 1400 fps for social work, for the occasional times that i'll carry this gun.

I am an airplane mechanic, so I've got the tools.

the best way to pay for a gun is with a tax return, just don't tell our current administration that that's how we're using it! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

So I noticed that with any of the 3 mags i got with the gun that if I load them to the full 14 rds, they swell & the sides drag inside the mag well. I can getthe mags to slide past the point where they bind, but I have to consciously pull them out if they are full. with 2 of them, downloading to 13 rds prevents this, but on I have to downlaod to 11 rds before the mag stops dragging.

is this a common problem, or is my mag well a bit tight? I noticed scratches where the paint is being scraped off on both sides of the mag just behind the vertical rib on the mag.

if i leave the mags all loaded for a few weeks, will the mag springs take a new set & not cause the mags to swell?

they are the black follower K10 mags.