Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Breathe Right

walangkatapat

My family says I snore(loud!), but what do they know, I never hear it(well only a couple of times). I've known about Breathe Right for sometime, but have never gotten around to trying it. A co worker gave me a couple to try because he said it helps him sleep through the night a lot better. That's another thing I never get a good night sleep. What the heck I gave Breathe Right a try and man! I don't know about the snoring part, but I sure in the heck don't wake up tossing and turning as much as I used too. I'd have to say Breathe Right has cut my tossing and turning in half which makes getting up in the morning to go to work a little easier. Breathe Right icon14.gif

I have used these for several years. There are two sizes and two different adhesives. Try the various ones and see whic work for you.

The clear ones have a milder adhesive which works well for me and don't cause a lot of skin irritation. The "tan" ones have a much stronger adhesive and if I am not careful I have torn off skin when removing them. I tend to soak these off in the shower in the morning if I can't get clear ones.

If you are sensitive to latex then stay away from these...at least the "tan" ones. Not sure about the clear ones but the others have latex in them and will come with a warning about this.

My wife claims these cut my snorning down by >50%. For Christmas we got ourselves a Tempurpedic mattress and now I do not snore at all.

Nothing like a solid night's sleep to make one's life a whole lot better.

Yes they do! :D

We switched and that first night was the best night's sleep I have had in years. It is not at all uncommon to wake up in pretty much the same position as I went to sleep in....as in, no tossing and turning. On our old bed I would usually wake up pretty wound into the covers.

They are not cheap but they are worth it. They run about the same as a new Limited blaster depending on what ammenitites you add. You can get all manner of bells and whistles on these things and run well over the cost of a high-zoot foo foo open blaster if you want to.

I suggest you go find a store that will let you collapse on one for awhile. We went to the local show room and the sales lady told us about the various models they had on the floor and then told us to lounge around and come find her if we had any more questions. About 30 minutes of laying on one, laying on top of my cell phone and keys without realizing it, I was sold. I probably wouldn't have been there 30 minutes but, well, I, uh, fell asleep. I woke up and said something to the wife when I realized she was asleep as well.

No affiliation just a very satisfied and well rested customer.

Now if I can just convince the wife to wear Breate Rights's so she will cease snoring..... <how's that for a return to topic diversion?> :)

++++++++ 1 for the viscoelastic foam mattresses (tempurpedic).

They are absolutely awesome. I have been using one for 4 years and I often find myself wakingup in the same position I fell asleep in. I easily get by on 5 to 6 hours of sleep when before I would still be tired after 8 hrs. of sleep. Also shop around there are several companies that make these mattresses and they can be had with the same quality as the name brands at a fraction of the cost.

Good Luck Craig

My folks bought one of the bed topper things and they really like it so give it a try. I think they paid around $100 for theirs at Costco.

These aren't cheap. I had money saved for the new Limited blaster and it all went the mattress along with a bit more. Luckily I was able to modify our old platform frame to accomodate the Thermarest to save us the bucks of buying a new platform.

If you need the breathe right strips, I'm wondering if you might have mild sleep apnea. I'm not what you'd consider big (5'10", ~210) but I have sleep apnea and I have to wear a mask hooked to a breathing machine every night. The machines are called CPAP's. It builds up a bit higher pressure and forces your palate open and helps keep ya breathing. If the strips stop working, you may want to look into getting a sleep study done. Sleep apnea is what killed Reggie White.

Vince

In my case, I could exercise all I want, I can get to sleep just fine. The problem is, I stop breathing and wake up all through the night. When I did the sleep study, the little graph where they show you how many times you stop breathing was filled with the little black traces. Every minute or two I'd stop breathing and wake up, go back to sleep and wake up again. Hence the machine that makes me sound like Darth Vader.

I sleep much better now. :)

Vince

If you need the breathe right strips, I'm wondering if you might have mild sleep apnea. I'm not what you'd consider big (5'10", ~210) but I have sleep apnea and I have to wear a mask hooked to a breathing machine every night. The machines are called CPAP's. It builds up a bit higher pressure and forces your palate open and helps keep ya breathing. If the strips stop working, you may want to look into getting a sleep study done. Sleep apnea is what killed Reggie White.

Vince

That sucks!

My folks bought one of the bed topper things and they really like it so give it a try. I think they paid around $100 for theirs at Costco.

These aren't cheap. I had money saved for the new Limited blaster and it all went the mattress along with a bit more. Luckily I was able to modify our old platform frame to accomodate the Thermarest to save us the bucks of buying a new platform.

I'll give a topper a try first when I can find a deal on a king size, thanks.

I started using the strips about a week ago also, I love em'. I feel more rested when I wake. I do think I might have sleep apnea my wife says I stop breathing from time to time at night.

Dude, get thee to a sleep study center ASAP. Sleep apnea can have some serious side effects not the least of which is death.

Yeah, you will probably get to join the "hose nose club" but that is infinately better than being dead.

I have now had several friends join that club and they all remark about how much better they feel now.