Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trouble with case feeder and 300AAC

I read on the Dillon forum about using the LP plate with 2 washers. I did this and it doesn't work very well. Generally the problems are that the plate tilts and brass get stuck under the plate and sometimes 2 drop at once usually leaving 1 of them upside down.

Does anyone have a better method for this or is this it?

absolutely use the small rifle plate, here is a test run that I did to confirm for myself

pre- 300 Blackout (5.56 cases cut but not yet formed), small rifle plate no washer/spacer, I threw about 150 cases in the hopper to make this dry run/test

Edited by KoKoDog

another small rifle plate and moving the metal spacer over, no washers needed. Ive probably loaded 15k+ 300BLK setup this way and never had an issue with the cases not falling or not falling correctly. Only issue I have had is when the hopper gets pretty close to empty, some times the cases wont fall into the openings for the brass. Im talking the last 5-10 cases, they just stir around. The solution to that problem was simple and it was to add more cases and keep loading!

• 2 weeks later...

so, I'm getting too much wobble at station 1 using the "D" 14223 adapter for 32 H&R Mag for .300 Blackout

can anyone confirm that the adapter "3" 14227 for .38 super comp being a better choice ?

The correct one to use is the same for .223 if you are loading .300 blk.

The correct one to use is the same for .223 if you are loading .300 blk.

if I try to use that part (for the 650) I have to grind it down, I'm looking for one that I do not have to modify since I have a 550

Edited by KoKoDog