Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Differences between stock 1 and stock 2

bronson630

Functionally, they are exactly the same. I can feel no difference in recoil, shot to shot. I'm not faster or more accurate with one over the other.

In reality, there are a few differences. The specs are here - http://eaacorp.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/EAA2014CatalogC.pdf

On the slide-

The sight and sight cuts. The adjustable sights both work well.

On the Frame-

The Frames are different but only marginally and are imperceptible when firing. The S2 is about 4oz heaver, I can't really tell in my hand.

The S2 frame is 3mm wider in general, therefore the mag well is 3mm wider. It isn't flared.

S2- Outside 28.62mm Inside 25.98mm

S1- Outside 25.58mm Inside 22.94mm

There is no perceived advantage to this, the end of the mag is 11.45mm and you still have to get your reloads right either way. You simply have "sufficient" room either way.

The outside width dimensions at the grip panels are within .5 mm of each other, so the grip panels must be skinnier on the S2, it does not feel wider in the hand. The grip panel on the S1 goes all the way to the bottom of the grip, it doesn't matter one way or the other.

There is a .85mm undercut at the triggerguard on the S2. You can't really tell though.

Obviously, there is more aggressive checkering which is slightly better.

The ambi safety, a non issue since it is of no use in production, although you do have to find a micro punch to remove the damned thing. I'm not a fan.

The dust cover is longer, don't think this is the magic voodoo that is all the sudden going to fix all your problems.

The beaver tail is slightly bigger on the S2, don't quite know why because it offers no advantage.

Squared triggerguard, obviously.

The real reason to pick the S2 over the S1 is because all the top dogs use it, that eliminates the "it must be the gear" thought. It isn't the gear, get back to work.

Overall, if you have the option of getting an S2 then get it. If you can't find one, get the S1 and you will be not be missing out on anything.

post-52010-0-24524900-1423389780_thumb.j

post-52010-0-38050700-1423389791_thumb.j

Overall, if you have the option of getting an S2 then get it. If you can't find one, get the S1 and you will be not be missing out on anything.

Thanks for this comparison. Now that the Stock I and Stock II are apparently legal in IDPA SSP according to the new 2015 rules (no more 8.1.7.3 rule for bull barrels being excluded in all divisions), the Stock I seems like a real value and can be found in 9mm easier than a Stock II in 9mm. I think a Stock I with a Henning rear fixed sight and a fiber front sight would be a great gun for SSP/Production. If I hadn't just picked up a CZ 75B Stainless Limited Edition to play in SSP/Production, I would seriously consider picking one of these up! :D

Edited by BrazeauRacing

I had both at one time. Now I have 2 Stock II's and to me personally the weight of the dust cover and the more aggressive checkering are worth it. I guess I look at these as an investment cuz they are so well made in my opinion I'll be able to shoot them for a looonnggg time. To me the sights on the Stock I are crap compared to the super sights on the II, again just my opinion. Not knocking the Stock I as it is a good pistol and by all means competitive but if you can find a Stock II then it worth the extra dough.

a Henning rear fixed sight and a fiber front sight

That actually sounds like a good idea, I might have to do that. The S1 rear sight is slightly busy looking compared to the S2. Besides, the Dawson front is not getting it done, 2nd one installed that wiggles. I actually don't mind the stock front sight on the S2 (with a dot of orange fingernail polish).

http://henningshop.com/products/tanfoglio-front-rear-sight-target-set-hwmc

• 7 months later...

Great info on this thread, can anyone tell me the difference between a Limited Pro and the Stock I and II?

(EAA website is very limited on this info)

Stock II- has full dust cover and bull barrel

Limited Pro- short dust cover and straight barrel and slightly longer by 1/4 inch

Stock I- short dust cover and bull barrel and crappy rear sights (my opinion compared to the rear sights on the Stock II and Lim Pro)

That's really the only major differences.

I have owned all 3 of them. The Stock II is my favorite and the Limited Pro is growing on me. The Stock I is a good gun but compared to the others I'd rather spend the extra coin and get a 2 or Lim Pro.