Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XL650 loading speed

The feeder is the tool head and comes with all the parts you may need to feed any bullet in a single caliber. You can buy conversions for different diameter bullets but I just get another complete tool head/feeder. You loose the "quick change" part if your swapping dies and other parts out.

feeder1.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Jmorris, I realise I probably should have directed these type of questions at GSI, but it's often nice to have the opinion from someone like yourself who knows how they work in practice.

stop posting pics of your setup!!! it just makes me more jealous every time I see how neat your collator is. :)

I didn't " invent" anything just built one after watching videos of the first KISS collators.

The one I "invented" was much more complex but did work 100%.

Back when I built this one the only bullet collator around was the MA Systems and it cost more than $1000 and they said a fail rate of 1:1000 was "normal" for short/fat bullets like the 45 acp.

The collator I rigged up worked about as well as that.

feeder4.jpg

However any inverted bullet will cause you to stop so I added a device that checked the OD of the projectile before it entered the feeder. A "skinny" tip ment it was nose up so it just went around and dropped into the feeder tube. An inverted bullet was enough larger that it triggered the switch and opened up a trap door so the bullet fell out before it could drop into the feed tube.

feeder2.jpg

This is a video of how the culler works, except that it s sorting cases by height vs diameter.

http://vid121.photobucket.com/albums/o213/jmorrismetal/reloading/brass/9mm380.mp4

Edited by jmorris

That is awesome! Would be super handy for separating 9mm and 38 super too. They are by far the most common 2 calibres used on the ranges I shoot at so in my brass bag I often have a good mix of both. It's a pain to pull out the 20-30 9mm cases in every 200 or so of 38 super.

That would be so nice to stick it under the dillon case collator so your super go into the feed tube and the 9mm just drop into a bin. and I assume by simply reversing the switch it would do the opposite for times when I wanted to load the 9mm. It would mean I could just grab all my range brass, tumble and then just dump it in the collator and let this little wonder sort the 9 from the super for me. :)

Edited by BeerBaron