Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA Witness PS polymer 9mm

joeg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is absolutely nothing extraordinary about them...and also nothing bad. For the ~$300 or less they are commonly seen on sale for, they are a fantastic buy.

I would pretty much say the same about a P07/P09, but frankly I like the Tanfo triggers more. I think that's personal preference, though.

Anyone have experience with this pistol? issues, trigger weight etc? Is it DA/SA? reliable? Thinking about buying one as range pistol. thanks for the help.

Yes, I've got one (but in .40 S&W) and I like it. Its light (compared to my Witness Match), but the trigger isn't nearly as good as my Match (which is SA- single action). Its not that the trigger requires a strong pull to fire its more its just not as smooth and crisp as the Match. It can be used either DS/SA or you can cock the hammer, engage the safety and use it SA. Mine has been flawlessly reliable, but I don't shoot as many rounds through it as I do the Match, I bought it as a carry gun not primarily as a range gun.

The Tanfos are great pistols in my opinion (especially for their price) and the triggers can be improved by polishing the internal parts and changing some springs if you're a good at that kind of thing. Some of the guys here have written extensively about these improvements with step by step instructions. Good luck.

Well II have 2 matching in 9mm sequential serial numbers. Used in IDPA for a while but the 1'st shot being DA hurt my finger by the end of the day. I have finger pad damage from accident in my teens, ended up with a blood blister. I have had both for about 3 years now. Going to keep them for the grand kids but still use them every now and then.

Also have a .38 super and a .45 Gold Team, now that one is wonderful!!!

V-S

Anyone have experience with this pistol? issues, trigger weight etc? Is it DA/SA? reliable? Thinking about buying one as range pistol. thanks for the help.

They are solid guns. Hard to beat for the $$

Oh, you can't get a Blade-Tech holster for the newer square slide polymer Tanfoglio at this time and it appears that they haven't decided whether to even make holsters for it. I ordered one last fall (September 2014) and received a holster that I expected would have been perfect for the older round slide pistol, but it didn't work with the newer square slide. I sent them pictures and advised them of the slide configuration change and asked when I could expect the holster to be available. They said they would look into it.

A week or so ago (four months later), I emailed them about whether the new holsters were ready and someone there had apparently dropped the ball. I had to resend the pictures and explain it all over again. It seems that the production line boss hasn't ordered one of these pistols to use in making a mold, so they can't make any holsters for these pistols. I was told to check back every 6 to 12 months. It appears that they haven't decided whether its worth it to make a holsters for the full sized polymer.

FYI, if you like the Blade-Tech holsters as I do and have a Tanfo full sized polymer pistol.

I bought a Glaco out-side the waistband "pancake" style holster for a Sig-Sauer 226 (for my full sized polymer framed Tanfo). It works well but tilts the muzzle back and the grip forward in the old FBI slant position. I had a local shoe repair guy put five extra stitches under where the triggerguard goes to locate the pistol where I wanted it. I would prefer the pistol was vertical because that's the way the holster I use for my Match for the majority of my practice positions it.

But if you practice with both, your brain will adapt. Trust me on this, I learned to shoot left eye dominant with both eyes open- back in the late eighties.

Edited by jmbaccolyte

I had an old Fobus KMSP laying around that fits fairly well. The trigger guard area isn't shaped quite right but it retains the pistol fairly well. As far as the trigger goes, I cut two coils from the hammer spring and made the pull much nicer. It's still a smidge over 5#, but it probably needs it for proper ignition.

Got this email from a nice lady at Blade-tech tonight:

Hello dukeguy,

Yes, this should fit our holster made for the POLYMER FULLSIZE. Below is a link to the OWB holster which we can make for this. If you would like to order you can either do so online or over the phone at 1-877-331-5793. Any of our customer service reps will be able to assist you.

Thank you

Tara Clarkson

Customer Service Manager

BLADE-TECH™

The Link: http://shop.blade-tech.com/index.php?cPath=1_23_24&osCsid=unc3b22m390mc8se5epqh8ub51#.VOPmj7DF975

I should have an IWB holster coming from Alien Gear here in about a week or 2. I got my polymer 2 days ago. I like it so far. It is slimmer than my match and feels pretty good. I haven't had a chance to go run any rounds through it yet. I am going to leave it stock, but do some polishing to smooth it out a little.