Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9 major bullet casting

Jimboajubejube

I agree keep the home cast pills for your other guns and shoot cmj or jhp in your open gun.

Like I said, the same here.

In Germany nobody with a comp gun shoots cast bullets, including me, being a caster and coater.

:blush:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you mentioned you are in RSA? If so frontier metal processing is there and they make an excellent 124gn RN CMJ. It's perfect for what you want and will shoot nice and clean. They also make a 147gn RN CMJ (I've used them in my production gun) so you could try those if you want.

I agree keep the home cast pills for your other guns and shoot cmj or jhp in your open gun.

that is the bullet i currently use and it is very good

yep, it's what I use too and they have to come all the way from RSA to Australia. :) They are great pills and competitively priced. :) I do prefer the .356 sized RN's over the .355 sized FP's.

There is actually one local shooter here with a CZ czechmate who is currently trying heaving bullets, from memory 147gn or heavier with somewhat less powder than a normal open load and he seems to think it will work well in that gun. He's an experience GM with lots of time on various open guns and generally shot a more traditional open load (light bullet, big charge of slow powder). I guess he just wanted to try something new.

I still think you'll get the best performance with those 124gn frontiers and enough gas to work the comp properly. :)