Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
DOCOHM

New trigger for S&W M&P9 CORE Performance Center PORTED 10098

Just got a new M&P 9 CORE Performance Center Ported pistol for my birthday and I'm really disappointed in the trigger. I thought it would be lighter, it's 6+ lbs and yucky. What is the BEST way to improve that? The APEX kit? If so, which one? I eventually plan to compete with this pistol so do I want the competition version of the APEX trigger? Where is the cheapest place to order the APEX equipment from?

Thanks in advance...

Cheapest place would be Amazon if you are a prime member (free shipping).

My personal favorite in the Apex line up is the FSS.

But I'm thinking of the newer Apex Flat-Face Forward Set Sear & Trigger kit for my latest gun.

I have the original FSS kit and it rocks.

It really depends on what competitive arena you plan to shoot the pistol as to what modification will be legal.

Edited by JMike

Isn't this ported pistol in the OPEN division? I'm planning to shoot Steel Challenge and USPSA.

The FSS kit looks nice.

by ported you mean the barrel is ported. Some folks confuse slide cuts as ports... Not saying that would apply to you necessarily... but yes if the barrel is ported you are out of idpa and in open division in uspsa. Nothing to stop you from shooting open minor.

I have the standard FSS Apex trigger and the Flat Faced FSS Apex trigger in mine. I prefer the flat faced one by a mile. :D

I had the APEX Comp AEK for my 9Pro that dropped the pull weight from about 6lbs to 2.75 lbs. I was also using the APEX aluminum trigger which felt a lot better that the factory hinged plastic one. I have used both the aluminum version and the polymer version of the APEX triggers, I personally thought the poly felt better on your finger.

Get the PLASTIC Apex FSS kit - cheaper and a little nicer on the finger. Same great pull as the original aluminum kit.

Get the PLASTIC Apex FSS kit - cheaper and a little nicer on the finger. Same great pull as the original aluminum kit.

I second this .. ^^^

Thanks everyone for the input! I'll get one on order soon via Amazon, never thought to look for one there!

Check Apex first, as their sale might still be in effect. Their sale price was lower than my Brownell's dealer price.

Wow! Got the new Apex Tactical Flat Faced Forward Set Sear Kit from Amazon in the mail yesterday and installed it last night (following the videos). It was fairly easy, hardest part was getting the pin in the trigger, the tip to use a vise worked great! Trigger pull now just under 3 LBS!

Took it out to the range this afternoon and burned up about 200 rounds, it was FANTASTIC!

Now I need some better sights....

DOCOHM,

Since you have the CORE, why not get the Trijicon adjustable RMR red dot tactical sight? (it co-witnesses) Also the SJC or SSS limited magwell, LF Arms extended mag release, FRE, (if you need it) and some Dawson grip tape, and you're good to go! Steel , 3-gun, Open...you name it!

DOCOHM,

Since you have the CORE, why not get the Trijicon adjustable RMR red dot tactical sight? (it co-witnesses) Also the SJC or SSS limited magwell, LF Arms extended mag release, FRE, (if you need it) and some Dawson grip tape, and you're good to go! Steel , 3-gun, Open...you name it!

Do you mean this:

http://www.amazon.com/Trijicon-RMR-Sight-Adjustable-3-25/dp/B004NKU558

and this:

http://stores.sjcguns.com/sjc-aluminum-magazine-wells/

or:

http://www.speedshooterspecialties.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=103_91_185&products_id=1071

and this:

http://www.lf-arms.com/M-P-Extended-Length-Magazine-Release-p/mpextmr.htm

What's a FRE?

DOCOHM said: "Do you mean this?"

What Bkreutz said. Also yes to all 4 links. I use the SSS Limited aluminum on my M&P CORE with Taran Tactical basepads. (forgot to mention the basepads) I use SJC aluminum magwell on my Glock.

Edited by rack&roll