Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Poll - G34, SP-01 or P09 for production and 3G

Nebwake

First off, I really dont like these threads but here we go. I am wanting to shoot production and 3 gun with something other than my .40 XD this year. I want to go 9mm for obvious reasons. I really prefer a 1911 and I shoot my 9mm trojan in steel challenge so I am leaning towards the SP-01 but I can shoot a glock decent as well and carry one for work and daily carry a G42 as well. From a budget standpoint alone, what gun can you put together best for the price (not really the cheapest but best for the money) I am glock blue label (LE/mil) qualified as well so that helps towards the Glock. I have not shot the CZ's yet, but am doing a demo with a CZ rep next week for some duty guns (SP-01's and P09's) so we'll see how that goes.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My opinion is the 34 is the way to go. It's the least expensive initial cost, there are tons of aftermarket products for it, and if you don't like it or get tired of it you can easily sell it with the wide customer base that Glock has.

I'm just subscribing to this thread because I just bought a G4 34 for the same reasons as you.

I'm actually kinda embarrassed that I will own a Glock in a couple days because I'm a die hard 1911 guy but cant afford a $3K 2011.

Edited by louu

I'm just subscribing to this thread because I just bought a G4 34 for the same reasons as you.

I'm actually kinda embarrassed that I will own a Glock in a couple days because I'm a die hard 1911 guy but cant afford a $3K 2011.

True story, no way with 2 kids in daycare could I afford a 2011!

can't really go wrong with either of the 2 G34 and sp-01. i have both shot the G34 for several years before graduating to the cz i prefer the cz because of the extra weight of a steel gun(something you really don't look for in a carry gun).

I don't think you can go wrong here but I would vote G34. Although the gun itself costs more (you can partially negate this with a GSSF coupon) the mags are still less than half the price and mods are both cheap and readily available. You probably only need to get a guide rod with recoil spring, magwell, sights, smaller slide stop (I hate the extended one), mags, and mag basepads. Obviously you need a holster and mag pouches too. The trigger with minus connector is very workable. You also have options in parts versus the CZ stuff where there is CGW, CZC and not much else.

I like the P09 but mags are pricey and the CGW action parts stack up the price quickly.

First off, I really dont like these threads but here we go. I am wanting to shoot production and 3 gun with something other than my .40 XD this year. I want to go 9mm for obvious reasons. I really prefer a 1911 and I shoot my 9mm trojan in steel challenge so I am leaning towards the SP-01 but I can shoot a glock decent as well and carry one for work and daily carry a G42 as well. From a budget standpoint alone, what gun can you put together best for the price (not really the cheapest but best for the money) I am glock blue label (LE/mil) qualified as well so that helps towards the Glock. I have not shot the CZ's yet, but am doing a demo with a CZ rep next week for some duty guns (SP-01's and P09's) so we'll see how that goes.

I don't shoot production or 3 gun, but I do own several Glocks including a G34. So, since you carry a Glock at work and off duty, I voted for the G34.

I don't think you can go wrong with the Glock 34 or CZ Sp-01. Can you shoot other competitiors pistols, to help with your decision?

The Glock always goes bang. The CZ is more accurate, for me. Lower cost factor goes to the Glock.

You could always buy the Glock for your wife and the CZ for yourself. :>)

34 you can't go wrong. Parts easy to get and if you are in a match and some small part break or lost the other shooters might have spares to keep in the game.

A set of a good sights like DP have and few mag extended base pads if you like.

Also as RangerTrace mention you already carry Glock and used to it.

37% vs. 42% is unanimous? I already voted so I won't further attempt to sway you in either direction, but I will add that a couple Benjamins saved in the initial investment will be forgotten in three months when you've spent the guns cost in ammo already. So my advice is to buy what you want, start up cost be damned! Once your wallet cools a little you'll be glad you did.

Edited by TonytheTiger

What are the rules like in regard to dumping pistols in 3 gun?

With a DA/SA gun does it have to be decocked or...what?

IF the gun has to be decocked, i would go with the G34 since that is the most simplistic trigger system.

If you can just fling the thing away, i would go with the P09. The P09 is a softer shooting gun than the G34 and the sights track better due to the more natural grip angle or whatever magical mojo CZ puts into that gun.

That is a point for 3 gun, all weapons must be "dumped" on safe. So with either SP-01/P-09 (safety or decocker) that is an extra step that could be missed (especially decocker for me since I am used to safety's on 1911's). Just curious, what are the "other guns" that were voted on? I see an Excalibur and an XD. Im guessing M&P's?

The point im making is that the glock has no "damnit" factor. Meaning, you put the safety on, drop it on the table and an edge catches the safety, taking it off. There you go, DQ.

It can happen. Its just something to consider in the grand scheme of things.

The safety on the P09 is horrific. The decocker at speed is less horrific but not exactly great.

The SP01 safeties also suck unless you have weird thumbs. They are NOT 1911 safeties.

Just some food for thought.