Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MBX Extreme Mags

orangeman711

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone actually get a 140mm .40 mag to seat in the gun loaded with 21 rounds?

Kind of.....

Getting 21 in the mag is easy as can be, but the only way I can get it to seat is by locking the slide back, inserting the mag, and then releasing the slide. For me it's not re-loadable. I like the mag, and if I can't solve it, I'll deal with it and use it as a start mag, but I'm going to give 'em a call tomorrow and get a couple of suggestions. I definitely want to like it.

This switched to Limited from Production has had me learning an awful lot more, I definitely loved the simplicity of Production, where everything was easy. Of course right now, that might be the only part of Production that I miss!

Just curious how do you shoot the hi cap mags in San Luis Obispo? I will admit I may not know California gun laws that well. but the Mag Blueprinting Extreme website says they are illegal in California. I am not trying to add to the fight, I am just curious. Thank you for the updates, I plan on ordering 2 mags as soon as they are available.

Edited by Frank48

Possesion and use is legal in California.

California gun laws are crazy. I read the link on MB Extremes site. So I guess you can possess a high mag. This is a quote from the link. "California law prohibits any person from manufacturing, importing into the state, keeping for sale, offering or exposing for sale, giving, or lending any large capacity magazine".

Edited by Frank48

Update:

Got mags back from MBX. They have new followers and new springs (stronger). Shot them in test fire, then live fire practice, and just now at the VAMD sectional. They work perfect with the new parts. If you don't have the new two step follow you need to get one with a new spring. These mags are better then the tuned mags I make. After a couple stages at the match I trusted them more in the sandy range then my tuned mags.

• 3 weeks later...

Got the heavier springs and new followers since I live in dusty, gritty AZ. 30 rounds of SC out of the box in both big sticks and perfect function so far. The heavier springs are definitely....heavier. :-)

I realize you all are mostly talking about the .40 mags, but to throw my short time with the 9mm 140mm into the mix: They've fed and worked flawlessly in practice and local matches thus far. Haven't used them for very long, so time will tell, but I'm very satisfied thus far.

I've talked to Adrian over email with some questions, as I bought two months ago (before the new springs and followers) before I had gotten my gun and then two more recently which are updated. Adrian offered to update the springs/followers in the two older mags and check them over to ensure they were good to go with the more recent version being shipped, even though they've functioned with no issues for me.

At this early timeframe, I'm pleased with the purchases and plan on getting two more.

• 1 year later...

I have 6 140mm .40 mags. They have been awesome. The only issue I had was the follower wasn't coming all the way up when the spring took its initial set. I contacted Adrien and he said to can't the follower to the right by bending the spring a bit. It worked beautiful. Mags are awesome and run 100 percent. So nice to not have to worry about tuning the tubes.