Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MBX Extreme Mags

orangeman711

Had anyone tried the 40 S&W Para magazines. Specifically will the mags work with a Dawson magwell? I have tried the Mecgar mags and they seat but the feed lips are too low, and they don't feed. I've tried the SPS mag from Midway. it feeds fine but on several occasions it has fallen out of my Para.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been using the MBX magazines with ZERO issues so far.

Did you have to tweak them?

Are you getting 30 and 24 rounds in them? :cheers:

I am using the .40 caliber 21+1 mags. The only tweaking that I had to do was to lower the top opening a little bit on the front to keep the KKM barrel ramp from hitting it. But even when it was hitting it still didn't have any feeding problems. I can get 21 rounds in the magazine without any issues and it seats just as easily as a 20 round magazine. But then again, when I insert any mag into the gun I do it with a firm "Clack" seating motion.

I have a couple of open buddies using them in 9mm with the 170mm and 140mm. Both not having any issues with filling them to capacity or feeding.

I just received 3 of his magazines to use in my Sailors custom 9mm open pistol.

I have not fired a round through the magazines as of yet but I did notice that one of the mags is rather tight and does not drop free in my pistol. The other two work perfectly. I am going to go ahead and email them and see if they will either replace or fix this mag.

MBX magazines for Para Pro Custom. Yes, they do exist. I got mine Saturday and shot them at a local match the same day. They worked flawlessly.

How did you order them, the site does not list them as available yet.

MBX magazines for Para Pro Custom. Yes, they do exist. I got mine Saturday and shot them at a local match the same day. They worked flawlessly.

How did you order them, the site does not list them as available yet.

I shoot at the same local matches as Adrian from MBX. He wanted them to be perfect when he went to production. That's why they've been taking a little longer then expected. I've been testing them for the past couple months to see if there were any hiccups. There were some little minor things. It's worth the wait. Anyways, he should be making them available really soon.

ECAB, just a couple of questions.

You just joined ENOS and you are telling us you have been testing these mags for a couple of months. You also only have 3 posts and they are all here in the MBX thread. This really makes a person wonder.

Does the A in ECAB stand for Adrain?

Are you Adrian posting on your own thread?

Why now if you have been shooting these for months are you just now posting something?

If you have been shooting for years, why did you just now join Enos?

really curious.

Edited by slinginlead

Hey Slinginled,

ECAB stands for the first letter in my flirst name and the first three letters of last name. So, that means that I'm not Adrian. I joined this forum to simply expel any rumors about the Para mag from MBX.

PS, thanks Brian. You're right, this thread has gone crazy.

ECAB, just a couple of questions.

You just joined ENOS and you are telling us you have been testing these mags for a couple of months. You also only have 3 posts and they are all here in the MBX thread. This really makes a person wonder.

Does the A in ECAB stand for Adrain?

Are you Adrian posting on your own thread?

Why now if you have been shooting these for months are you just now posting something?

If you have been shooting for years, why did you just now join Enos?

really curious.

How do we know you arent some fat Sylvester Stallone impersonator pretending to be a mag expert?

"How do we know you arent some fat Sylvester Stallone impersonator pretending to be a mag expert?"

Dang it you found me out. Time to change my looks. I will gain 150 pounds and beat myself with an ugly stick then I can look like you! LOL all in fun.

Edited by slinginlead