Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 1 questions

bessy

Hey guys,

I recently (tonight), happened upon a stock 1 for a decent price and picked it up. My intention is to make it the backup to for my stock II. I currently own a stockII, limited, and match. I have a few questions I was hoping to pick some brains.

1. I noticed the stock 1 has no over travel adjustment, and the magazine release is not extended. Can I swap those parts out and still be legal for production? ( I see eaa sells both as OEM parts). If so anyone know where I could source a trigger with over travel, and an extend magazine release? One of you guys must have take offs maybe? ;-P

2. Sights, I'm going to swap out the stock sights. I'm leaning towards henning's sights, I have a set of these on my match gun, my only issue is that the front sight, seems a little short.... I know henning used to offer two versions of his match/stock sights (Target/Defensive). Now I only see one... so I'm wondering if maybe the design has changed, and maybe the front sight has a little more height. Any recommendations here? I'm open to suggestions.

3. Does henning still sell grip panels for large frame custom guns like the stock1.

I appreciate all of your time.

henning does as well as been stoger pro shop to my knowledge.. I'm not sure about adding the parts I would presume so.

My curiosity is the mag well I was under the assumption that the stock 2 had a much bigger magazine well than the stock 1. can anyone really answer that one.

I shot a stock 1 before the stock 2 existed in the us. it was just barely approved for the IPSC list when it was first dominating the world shoot... i loved the gun and it did have an over travel stop on it at that point.

The .140 front and the Henning fixed rear were spot on for on my Stock 1

Nealio,

I assume you mean the henning .140 front sight? I don't see it listed anymore on his shop, or is this something you had dawson for you?

It was a Henning sight but he isn't listing it for sale separately. Just in this kit: http://henningshop.com/products/tanfoglio-front-rear-sight-target-set-hwmc

So,

according to that link it looks like for that sight set the height is .105. This matches the front sight set I have on my match currently.. which seems too short. So I'm going to give the henning shop a call on monday and see if they still offer the .140 height.

I sent you a PM about your used set, I'm very interested ;-)

I believe there is a mistype on the Match sight set page of his website, which lists it as .105" wide and .100" tall, but on the page for just the Match rear sight, it says it's made to work with his .105" W x .180" H front sight for the Match/Stock1. I also measured the Henning front sight on my Match slide and it is indeed .180" tall, which is the same height as the Dawson front sights on my Limited Pro and Limited. Honestly, I love Henning's stuff, but I like the Dawson front fiber optic sights better because the fiber rods are longer which makes them brighter. I would suggest that you order Henning's fixed rear target sight, and then order whatever size Dawson front sight that you prefer.

Edited by BrazeauRacing

Just wanted to update here.

I talked to henning on the phone today. His current rear sight (which is the same as his old fixed rear sight is designed to work with a front sight of .180 height. He used to sell a front sight with a height of .140 but no longer does. Looks like a henning rear for me. with either a dawson or a henning front.