Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X-ring targets/hits in ICORE

I have question to experienced ICORE shooters and MDs.

The stage briefing can specify that X-ring hits will award additional bonuses. The default is 1 second, but it can also be a different bonus as specified on stage briefing.

Now, how common it is (or allowed at all) to have X-ring hits allowed not on all targets for a given stage?

Also, how common it is (or allowed at all) to have different X-ring bonuses for different targets on a given stage? The common score sheet template posted on ICORE web site doesn't seem to imply/support such setup.

There are few written rules for ICORE. If the MD puts it out in the stage description, then go by that.

I've shot a number of stages where X-ring hits deducted a second from your time. I have come to the conclusion (at least for me) that trying for Xs, as opposed to shooting As, at targets beyond 10 or 12 yards is not worth the effort on your score. You take too much time to hit the X, and miss some anyway.

Inside 10-12 yards it's worth shooting for Xs. The time to shoot the X at that distance is worth it.

Let me give a more specific example.

Stage has targets T1-T6.

T1 award -1 second for Xring hit.

T2 award -1.5 second for Xring hit.

T3 award -2 seconds for Xring hit.

T4-T6 don't award Xring bonuses.

Is such stage briefing legal or common in ICORE matches?

euxx. It is not common but it is legal if presented to every shooter. I have shot stages where only some target's X rings are scored bonus scores (1 sec off) and others not. But never had an X ring good for more than 1 sec off, however at one IRC there were targets (steel) that would garnish 2 seconds per target hit while others garnished one.

It was an all steel stage with a par time set. 28 seconds on the par time and for each target hit it took 1 second off the total time (28 seconds) similar to the Far and Near standards. How ever there were four targets farther back and slightly smaller that could count for 2 seconds off. With the 29 targets score at 1 second deduction and the 4 with a 2 second deduction it was possible to get a zero score.