Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Xtreme 'Titan' hammer

joakim

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that the Gen 3 Henning pin is all that bad of a thing to be "stuck" with if you have the Titan Hammer.

Initially, these aftermarket firing pins were extended/ lightened to improve reliability... and same thing goes for the Titan Hammer, right? I would think that we'll be alright with the TItan hammer and the Gen 3 firing pin, but time will tell..

I also think, if I heard correctly, that a recent change in the design of the extended FPB could be part of the problem...

The extended FPBs used to come way over sized so you could fit it yourself and be good to go. Old posts mentioned them being delivered ~0.512" long compared to the stock ~0.4955". The thing is, more recently shipped extended FPBs only seem to be ~0.5075" long. In my conversations with LRA and Eric, it sounds like Eric has established 0.508 to be the ideal length with the extreme or stock FP with the 1 piece sear and titan hammer, but he has no connection to the Henning Gen 4 FP, which apparently requires a longer FPB.

It seems to me that the one flute on the Henning G4 pin that goes across the FPB notch, needs to be removed or machined more shallow.

Edited by EngineerEli

My gen4 pin works just fine with my fitted extended FPB that I was previously using with my gen3 pin.

Is your extended FPB one of the older ones mentioned by Eli in the post above?

You mention fitting it.

My gen4 pin works just fine with my fitted extended FPB that I was previously using with my gen3 pin.

How long is your FPS? The new extended ones I got from Last Round Armament are .508-.509 and based on feel (sometimes it blocks, other times it drags and goes through). I think Gen 4 needs .510-.511

Yes. I believe the difference between the stock sear (which didn't do block anything) and the original extended sear (which wouldn't allow the gun to fire at all) was only about .01 (about .497 to .507 IIRC). The tolerances on this particular part are so small it's silly. I took a few thousands off of the extended sear (rubbing on sandpaper only, I didn't go near a file) and now it's good to go, and blocks the pin as it should when the trigger is not pulled.

By the way, I did hear back from Henning.
Sounds like he's not aware of the issue some of us are having. But he's swamped in the shop today.

I'm supposed to call him tomorrow to talk more about it.

I saw the extended sear when I ordered a bunch of parts from EGD in France. I didn't know what it was about and just went with the standard one. What dimension is even extended on the extended sear specifically? And how much?

Yes. I believe the difference between the stock sear (which didn't do block anything) and the original extended sear (which wouldn't allow the gun to fire at all) was only about .01 (about .497 to .507 IIRC). The tolerances on this particular part are so small it's silly. I took a few thousands off of the extended sear (rubbing on sandpaper only, I didn't go near a file) and now it's good to go, and blocks the pin as it should when the trigger is not pulled.

I saw the extended sear when I ordered a bunch of parts from EGD in France. I didn't know what it was about and just went with the standard one. What dimension is even extended on the extended sear specifically? And how much?

I think Matt meant to say stock FPB, not "sear"

Just seems strange that the same setup in different samples of the same gun would produce such different results.

We all seem to be using the exact same parts. But they work in Waktasz's gun, but not ours.

Just seems strange that the same setup in different samples of the same gun would produce such different results.

We all seem to be using the exact same parts. But they work in Waktasz's gun, but not ours.

have you closely examined the internal parts? They are crappy stamped or molded metal with seams, creases, and machining marks.

Quick question off the topic. Adam told me and believe I understood him and this is right but bugged him enough today lol. if I buy a Titan hammer it is just a drop in part correct? Not replacing the stock sear or disconnector right now....

Thanks

Sounds like he's not aware of the issue some of us are having. But he's swamped in the shop today.

Have you heard anything back about this yet??? I really want to get everything working and production legal ASAP so I can stop worrying about it....

BTW: Maybe Matt meant to say stock FPB, not "sear", but there are technically two different sears available from EGD, still not sure what the deal is with them though.

Link to extended sear: http://www.ericgrauffelonlineshop.com/en/frame-parts/46-sear-lever.html

Note the drop-down offering the option for regular and long. When I placed my order I went with the regular. I sure hope you are not supposed to get the long one to use in conjunction with the Titan hammer...

Edited by EngineerEli

Interesting! I ordered a sear regular. Should have ordered the long. Currently I'm running a one piece sear that was removed from a limited gun that I had a custom EGW installed in.

Edited by praetorian97

Have you heard anything back about this yet??? I really want to get everything working and production legal ASAP so I can stop worrying about it....

BTW: Maybe Matt meant to say stock FPB, not "sear", but there are technically two different sears available from EGD, still not sure what the deal is with them though.

Link to extended sear: http://www.ericgrauffelonlineshop.com/en/frame-parts/46-sear-lever.html

Note the drop-down offering the option for regular and long. When I placed my order I went with the regular. I sure hope you are not supposed to get the long one to use in conjunction with the Titan hammer...

I haven't heard back from Henning. Left him a message.

I'm tempted to order one of the "long" sears just to see if it will work.

Or maybe I'll just give up on the Gen 4 firing pin.

Like you, I really just want to be done with the tinkering.