Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Xtreme 'Titan' hammer

joakim

I messaged Eric on FB today, and he was surprisingly responsive.

Me: Hi Eric, I'm interested in the new Titan hammer for a Stock 2 for USPSA production, but I think the USPSA rules require the part to be offered on a factory pistol that is on the production list. Is this hammer offered on any factory pistols or will it be in the near future? I think the Xtreme Delta hammer is on the Xtreme models, but I'm not sure of the Titan.. thanks.. http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-NROI-production-gunlist.php

Eric: We are offering the option to build production guns from the factory with the Titan Hammer, so it should be fine. I will check with factory. My guns that are coming in next week are built in with Titan.

...We sent an email to USPSA....Since we build guns with this hammer it shouldn't be a problem

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric: We are offering the option to build production guns from the factory with the Titan Hammer, so it should be fine. I will check with factory. My guns that are coming in next week are built in with Titan.

...We sent an email to USPSA....Since we build guns with this hammer it shouldn't be a problem

That's the exact response I was saying we needed.

But now that i think about it, it kind of rubs me the wrong way... They come out with a new clearly aftermarket performance hammer, so now they just say, oh its offered as an 'option' on this $2k production gun that no one in the US at least can even get. If a gun has options doesn't that already suggest it is custom and not suitable for production. Just seems like they are using the Xtreme line of guns to legitimize all these new aftermarket parts for use in USPSA production... Just my 2 cents. Sorry if that drifted a bit away form the OP.

That's the exact response I was saying we needed.

But now that i think about it, it kind of rubs me the wrong way... They come out with a new clearly aftermarket performance hammer, so now they just say, oh its offered as an 'option' on this $2k production gun that no one in the US at least can even get. If a gun has options doesn't that already suggest it is custom and not suitable for production. Just seems like they are using the Xtreme line of guns to legitimize all these new aftermarket parts for use in USPSA production... Just my 2 cents. Sorry if that drifted a bit away form the OP.

What other parts are you speaking of?

The ones I can think of: Delta Hammer, Titan Hammer, and maybe the Xtreme DA/SA less curved trigger (I'm not sure if this one is technically legal, but it probably is)

I don't see how it is any different than the CZ Custom pistols that are on the production list..

I think Tanfoglio is listening to the shooters (both IPSC and USPSA) and coming up with ways to address concerns while still keeping the pistols legal in their divisions. Nothing wrong with that. Now, if only the general pistol availability would improve in the US, they might be able to make some more money...

I thought I was going to get one but in reality my gun has been perfectly reliable with the EG springs and Henning pin. I think the people having issues with CCI primers are not making their ammo correctly to be honest. That was my problem.

Edited by waktasz

wow its been ages since i posted here again in this section of the Benoverse since going back to Limited.. a buddy of mine asked me to help him out on an install for his Titan Hammer having handled all 4 hammers from ,Combat Hammer, Delta(Heart) , Xtreme Delta and Titan Hammer i was able to get the best results with the Titan... i liked it so much i ordered a few more from Eric to replace all my hammers :)

How long are your ship times when ordering from Eric's site?

I've ordered a few times from his site and it was generally within 24-48 hours...sometimes less.

As noted above, he is surprisingly responsive....very quick to email considering he is multiple time zones away.

Edited by Onagoth

Interested to hear if anyone switches to this one from the Xtreme delta hammer and what differences they notice. Thanks!

i really dont think its worth changing if you have an extreme hammer already. i only changed mine because im still running the stock Delta (Heart) Hammer on my Stock 2s 3s with a 2pcs sear, i wanted to switch to the extreme hammer but i held off since i was not shooting enough production anyways at that time , i did like the combo of the Titan hammer and the 1 pcs sear it felt like a really crisp trigger now compared to the triggers i have done in the past the reliability factor of the hammer is also quite appealing.

Edited by ogiebb

Interested to hear if anyone switches to this one from the Xtreme delta hammer and what differences they notice. Thanks!

i really dont think its worth changing if you have an extreme hammer already. i only changed mine because im still running the stock Delta (Heart) Hammer on my Stock 2s 3s with a 2pcs sear, i wanted to switch to the extreme hammer but i held off since i was not shooting enough production anyways at that time , i did like the combo of the Titan hammer and the 1 pcs sear it felt like a really crisp trigger now compared to the triggers i have done in the past the reliability factor of the hammer is also quite appealing.

Do you know if this will work with a 2 piece sear? That's what I have in my stock 2 and 3.

Hello, my name is Adrian, I'm from Argentina.

I recently installed Titan Hammer, and the differences I notice are:

The DA has dropped to 2.9 kg and 1 kg SA.

Arming the decreased reset halfway.

All this comparing it with the pistol as manufactured.

I put all the light springs (hammer and firing pin) and change the sear to one piece.

I hope to help them!!

Do you know if this will work with a 2 piece sear? That's what I have in my stock 2 and 3.

It will work just going to have to fit it with the stock sear.

I have a stock III xtreme and from the factory it has a 7# 12oz DA pull and will not set off CCI no. 500's for the life of it. Has anyone experienced similar problem and solved it by installing the Titan hammer?

Take the firing pin block out and see if you still have problems with the CCI primers. After fitting my FPB properly and making sure I load my ammo correctly (seat those primers in there nice and deep!) I have no issues with CCI

Take the firing pin block out and see if you still have problems with the CCI primers. After fitting my FPB properly and making sure I load my ammo correctly (seat those primers in there nice and deep!) I have no issues with CCI

I just test-fired a friend's Stock II with the Titan, shot about 80 rounds of my loads with Magtech primers and about the same number of his loads with CCI primers.. mostly single action, but we did some double-action shots, all fired no problem.

Can you explain the "fitting of the FPB" you did? You can push the FPB forward with the hammer cocked sometimes on my friend's pistol... one piece sear.. We noticed that the hump on the sear which engages the FPB barely moves.. ordered the extended block as an attempt to address it..

If you can push the block forward with the hammer cocked then that usually means it's also dropping too low during the firing cycle and slowing the pin down. I got the extended block also and fit that...just used some sand paper to change the length a bit until it was right. The difference between working and not working was about .008

Also if the block doesn't stop the pin while the hammer is cocked I'm not sure the gun is legal in Production unless you fix that. I'm also not sure if anyone would ever check for that, but in Production all safeties must be active.

Edited by waktasz