Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Xtreme 'Titan' hammer

joakim

Did you guys see this?

http://www.ericgrauffelonlineshop.com/en/frame-parts/313-tanfoglio-xtreme-hammer-delta.html

The new Tanfoglio Xtreme Titan Hammer has been designed in cooperation with Eric Grauffel to meet the requirement of shooters.

The new weight distribution permits shooters to use factory ammunitions with light hammer springs, and therefor permits to reduce the trigger pullweight, especially for Production Division.

The new internal shape design permits you to improve the single action, but also by repositionning hooks, and interruptor, the double action trigger pull weight has been dramatically reduced.

No matter what division you shoot, this new hammer is made for your Tanfoglio pistol.

We recommend you to install your new hammer with a new sear to avoid long time installation.

IPSC production legal

NB: Hammer package does not include interruptor, hammer strut and pins. Must be ordered separately

Edited by joakim

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's called the Titan hammer. The cost might be double if it were in Titanium. But then the hammer may be too light and then your back to a stronger spring. But it's something new to try.

If I read this correctly It says you have to by the parts separately for the Hammer, ( i.e. Interrupter, Hammer Strut and Pins ).

I wonder if he offers an assembled one also, just so you can do more of a drop-in with a little less fitting. Or just buy the hammer separately if you don't want the rest of it.

Even better a complete drop-in trigger kit from the hammer spring to the trigger itself and everything in between.

All you would have to do is some light polishing and maybe some minor fitting and your shooting.

joakim , not a problem .

Thanks for the info on the new Eric Grauffel Titan hammer. Looks like pre-order delivery is in February.

It might be a little while before feedback starts coming in on how it performs and if people like it or not.

We'll have to wait and see, but it should be interesting.

Edited by gunnit

My arm chair analysis (or rather warming up my desk chair on a grumpy monday morning before coffee):

'Titan' hammer has more weight compared to the 'xtreme delta' hammar, thus making it possible to have a lighter hammer spring -> improved DA pull.

'The new internal shape design permits you to improve the single action but also by repositionning hooks, and interruptor, the double action trigger pull weight has been dramatically reduced.' This is probably compared to the stock 'combat' hammer, does not look like there is any difference between the 'titan' and the 'delta'.

(But of course pictures could be wrong (pre-fab) or differences too small to show.)

Was there a noticeable difference in SA pull between the stock hammer and the 'old' xtreme delta hammer?

post-45364-0-99911100-1421653096_thumb.j

post-45364-0-61324400-1421653106_thumb.j

post-45364-0-10891400-1421654832_thumb.j

Edited by joakim

I have seen it yesterday, held it, tried it, and it is indeed a very nice hammer. The trigger pull on eric's gun were exceptional.

The way i understand, it is a very good choice of hammer if you do not reload and wanted to use factory ammo without of course sacrificing too much on the light DA/SA pull and having light strikes.

But if you reload the Xtreme hammer is still the best.

I have seen it yesterday, held it, tried it, and it is indeed a very nice hammer. The trigger pull on eric's gun were exceptional.

The way i understand, it is a very good choice of hammer if you do not reload and wanted to use factory ammo without of course sacrificing too much on the light DA/SA pull and having light strikes.

But if you reload the Xtreme hammer is still the best.

Good to know as I just got two xtreme hammers for my guns not long ago.

Personally, I'm getting a little tired of all the 'new and improved' parts. I was led to believe over a year ago that a drop in kit was to be forthcoming.

I reload but still get the occasional light strike. If the hook geometry is the same, why wouldn't everyone choose this hammer over the Xtreme, just for that added bit of peace of mind. I guess the lock time would be infinitesimally longer, but does that really matter?

Shooting IPSC you are bound to use factory parts only. Hence, you need to use factory hammer springs...The new hammer provide a little bit of a weight on top so when you combine this with Xtreme Light Hammer Springs it would be a perfect combo for IPSC Shooters... Because a lot them dont reload. They use factory ammo...

That didn't answer my question at all.

I would not use the hammer based on I like my stock hammers just fine on my stock 2 and 3 9mms. I've never had any light strikes on either gun. I only use federal primers though.

Just to be clear... because it is made by Tanfo, its ok for IPSC Production shooters to use, but because it is not available on any standard guns that are on the approved list for USPSA Production, we are not permitted to use it here in the United States. Right? Or are they now offering that hammer on their Xtreme models to get around that rule?

Just to be clear... because it is made by Tanfo, its ok for IPSC Production shooters to use, but because it is not available on any standard guns that are on the approved list for USPSA Production, we are not permitted to use it here in the United States. Right? Or are they now offering that hammer on their Xtreme models to get around that rule?

False. We can use it here for production division.

Shooting IPSC you are bound to use factory parts only. Hence, you need to use factory hammer springs...The new hammer provide a little bit of a weight on top so when you combine this with Xtreme Light Hammer Springs it would be a perfect combo for IPSC Shooters... Because a lot them dont reload. They use factory ammo...

by factory hammer springs to you mean the ones that are made by wolf? cause that is where tanfoglio gets their springs or so I am told. The non-OFM parts is one of the dumbest rules IPSC has.

Edited by Onagoth

False. We can use it here for production division.

How do you figure? (per production USPSA rules)

• 1 month later...

section 21.6:

Exchange of minor EXTERNAL components
Sights, firing pins, firing pin retainers, pins, extractors and ejectors MAY be replaced with OFM or aftermarket parts.
Any other components which are externally visible may ONLY be replaced with OFM parts which are offered on the specific model of gun or another approved gun from the same manufacturer except as specifically clarified below. Examples of external components which may only be replaced with OFM parts include (but are not limited to): magazine releases, slide stops, thumb safeties and triggers. The Vanek trigger, much like the Speed Bump trigger, has an external modification that makes it illegal for Production division. The Speed Bump trigger has the travel screw mounted to the rear of the trigger and is visible externally, the Vanek trigger, has relocated the pivot pin about 3/16” above the factory specs, and has filled in the original hole with a black material that is still visible on inspection. Special Notes/Clarifications: •Barrels are considered “external parts” and are subject to specific restrictions in 21.4 and associated rulings. •A factory/OFM magazine release which extends only the length of the magazine release may be used. A magazine release which provides a larger surface area (paddles, buttons) may only be used if it is an OFM part available on an approved model of gun. •Externally-visible parts from “custom shop” guns will only be considered “OFM parts” if the custom-shop gun is on the NROI list of approved Production guns.

Is the Titan hammer offered on a factory pistol that is on the production list is the question

Oh, that is where my confusion came from. What gun are these new hammers coming stock on? The new extremes? I though those were only offered with the regular Xtreme Delta Hammer. If they are offered on a factory gun that is on the production gun list, then I agree, there good to go! Personally I would probably be in favor of the lighter delta style with shorter lock time than this new one, even if it meant an extra quarter lb trigger pull.