Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Xdm 5.25 holster

pcschwenke

I'm looking for a decent holster for competition. Mainly USPSA & steel plates. I'm considering the Bladetech DOH, Comptac International, and DAA. What do you think is best? I haven't bought holsters for a while, my last was a Safariland 011! Can the DAA be used for IPDA? Paul

Assuming you are planning to shoot production I would go with the CompTac International. Then go to the Ben Stoeger pro shop and get the BOSS DOH and a couple thumb screws and you are good to go. If you don't already have a competition belt pick up a Double Alpha belt while you are at it.

You can use the belt attachment that comes with the CompTac for IDPA and the BOSS DOH for USPSA and steel.

I have the Comp Tac International on a Safariland ELS belt system. I use the QLS to attach the holster and the ELS for the pouches. I use an XDM for Bianchi and a Glock for USPSA, so it makes swapping holsters and pouches a breeze.

Seiichi

BladeTech DOH. Remove the DOH bracket for when you have absolutely no choice but to shoot an IDPA match.

And if you buy anything from cheaper than dirt you have a very short memory.

Thank you for a the replies. Having a dual purpose holster would be ideal. The XDM would not be used much since I prefer the 1911s, I got a great deal from a friend a couple years ago that I couldn't pass up. The trigger has been tough for me though. Hopefully with the PRP trigger arriving soon it will be better.

• 2 weeks later...

For a fast draw in USPSA/Steel Challenge I'd go with a kydex holster & BOSS hanger. The holster that comes with the XDM should be sufficient to play in IDPA until you decide it is worth purchasing a dedicated holster for that as well.

I've got a brand new Safariland model 5197. Never been used and I just sold my xdm 5.25.

I've also got the mid-ride universal belt loop I'd sell with it. The holster is $34 new and the belt loop is $20 + shipping.

How about both of them for $50 shipped to you?

Edited by dpollard

• 2 weeks later...