Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Brownells Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Chamiopship - Official

Registration for the 2015 Rockcastle Pro Am opens tomorrow, February 16th, at 9:30 PM, EASTERN STANDARD TIME! In POST # 57 above Linda Chico has laid out everything you need to get signed up. It's going to sell out.............................VERY FAST! It's going to be another EPIC match, and we can't wait to see all of you at the ROCK. Good Luck!

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Steve's idea of get your draw order at a stage or even do it like last year hit the random and print the list for all to see and post it. Then you have an idea where your at and can kinda get an idea where to look when you walk through. What range your gonna be in or just choose to leave if your near the end and would prefer to head for the house over wait for what's gonna be left.

What determines the shooter's division - pro / am? Can't locate info on it on the website....

Pro & Am are not divisions - they are 2 separate matches. The divisions are Tact Optics or Open - determined by your equipment.

Pro is more shooting, stages that are more difficult and prize table awarded based on the order of finish.

Am is fewer stages, less complex stages & a prize table with random draw.

Will anyone care if I shoot Am this year? Those stages looked faster and is rather finish early so I van enjoy the night life sooner.

There would be a fight to squad with you because a lot of newer people would love to see how a pro shooter breaks down and shoots the same stage we shoot without having to sign up for the more difficult pro match.

Will anyone care if I shoot Am this year? Those stages looked faster and is rather finish early so I van enjoy the night life sooner.

So, you are seriously going to take a chance at being number 200+ to the prize table under a random draw. . .

Yeah, right.

So, you are seriously going to take a chance at being number 200+ to the prize table under a random draw. . .

Yeah, right.

Everyone knows I only shoot for fun!

There would be a fight to squad with you because a lot of newer people would love to see how a pro shooter breaks down and shoots the same stage we shoot without having to sign up for the more difficult pro match.

That would be a lot of fun. And I wouldn't have to worry about Dillen Easley getting lucky and beating me on one stage.

That would be a lot of fun. And I wouldn't have to worry about Dillen Easley getting lucky and beating me on one stage.

Much safer that way!

Probably 30% more targets and the long shots are up to 2x as long. Based on watching the pros shoot over the past few years while shooting AM.

Also things like when we had a car the pros had a center console while the am match had a car with a bench seat.

Edited by darkvibe

thanks dark, what were the ranges for the pro vs the am for long distance stuff?

i appologize for the questions...been seaching for that info and can't seen to find it anywhere.

even total round count info i can't seem to find....

Edited by jriggs

thanks dark, what were the ranges for the pro vs the am for long distance stuff?

i appologize for the questions...been seaching for that info and can't seen to find it anywhere.

even total round count info i can't seem to find....

No one knows the total round counts - stage design is not complete yet.

The original thought was that the Am match would attract new shooters to 3 gun: The stages were easier, with closer shots, fewer tight shots, and 7 stages over 2 days. The random draw was meant to appeal to newer shooters. Also, cost was $150 - much cheaper than most big 3 gun matches. The Pro match is a typical 3 gun match, with longer range shots, more complex stages, and a top down prize table. That is what the usual crowd in 3 gun expects. Also, 8 stages over 3 days & cost is $250.

From the beginning, some shooters who normally shot "Pro" were signed up for the Am match to shoot with family members who were new, or friends they wanted to introduce to the sport. Also, first time shooters were in the Pro match, because that was where their friends were. Just pick the type of match you want to shoot. Pro & Am do not indicate skill level.

Last year the table was a lot smaller than previous years. Probably due to multiple matches there around the same time. You can only ask sponsors for so much. I'm thinking the AM table had something like 15-20 complete guns or complete AR uppers. I was called about half way through and I got a $100 xtreme bullets gift certificate and a case of Rio buckshot plus an AR Magazine.

Edit: By "smaller" i just mean less guns. Not that it was really any smaller.

Edited by darkvibe