Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Brownells Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Chamiopship - Official

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The order was chosen by computer last year. You could walk up and look at the screen. You could only see a partial list of about 35 or so competitors. They did not pull names from a hat like the year before.

There is no reason that once the scores are tallied and the DQ'd competitors removed they could not print the list and put it on a window.

If anyone cries foul, just hang them from a tent pole for all to see.

Just for conversation sake-

If names were drawn before awards and posted, what methods do you guys feel would be reasonable to assure the competitors of a fair random draw? The public drawing process ensures transparency, but I'm sure if names were just posted on the lodge in random order there would be some competitors feeling as if there was favoritism involved. I have no doubt that the match staff would handle this with integrity, but I'm sure we'll all admit it's likely someone will cry foul if there's no pre-determined and transparent process.

I am, by no means, a tech-guru......but for some reason, I thought there was a computer program or possibly iphone/ipad App where you could randomly shuffle numbers or possibly the names entered by the numbers. Have everyone out front for the random draw, have a junior shooter touch the screen to randomly shuffle the names/numbers, then copy the list and add it to the Rock website....everyone can look at the list, see where their name lies, then the know how many beers they can have before their name is called.

The bigger complaint I heard last year while drinking beers during the AM prize table was people picking up and putting down prizes, with some cherry picking from prizes to make their own prize. Hire some Catholic nuns and give them yardsticks.....someone picks up a prize and sets it back down, smack their hand. :devil:

I am not going to try and shoot the match, but can I order and prepay for a couple of match shirts to pick up on Friday (first day of the match)? after the Feb 16th

Absolutely! Send me an email after the 16th to remind me.

Email messages were sent out to everyone who registered last year. If you did not get one, it may be that your email address has changed since last year.

Registration Will Open on Feb 16, 2015 at 9:30 PM EST – yes, 9:30 PM – not 9:00 pm as posted originally on the on this Forum.

Match fee is $250 for Pro and $150 for Am.

Signing up for the match is a 2 step process.

First, you sign in to obtain a registration code - http://www.lchico5u.com/ar15-2.html. The sign in process (to get a registration code for the application) will be Monday, February 16th at 9:30 PM Eastern Time (8:30 PM Central, 7:30 PM Mountain & 6:30 PM Pacific).

Then, you add that code to the application and send Rockcastle your entry fee.

The TEST Sign in

Before the REAL Sign in on February 16th, feel free to fill out the information form and click the submit button. You will get a "form letter" email message from me within 24 hours so that you can be sure your information was properly transmitted. Also, the screen that appears when you successfully submit your information will say:

Added entry for John Doe from 98.25.37.215 with verification number 142288211890.05 -- This number simply verifies that you successfully submitted information. It is NOT a Registration Code. You will receive a Registration Code for the application or notification that you are on a waiting list by email within 24 hours.

Again, please note that the 2 numbers in this message are NOT the registration code. That will come in a separate email. I will clear all practice information at 5:00 pm Eastern Time on February 16th, so you can practice up until then, signing in.

The REAL Sign in

If you cannot personally be online at the designated time of February 16th, get some else to complete the sign in for you. You can get shooting buddies to sign you in. You can have your child or spouse sign you in. There is no rule that you have to do it personally. If you plan to designate someone else to complete sign in, have them practice on the Test Sign In before the 16th of the month. Only the first sign-in will count: there is no need to submit the form more than one time.

Note that I will not accept any official sign-in on the on-line list before 9:30 PM EST on February 16, 2015. There is an official clock on the page. Don't hit the submit button on February 16th before 9:30:00 on the clock. This advance notice lets you look over the information early, get familiar with the process, so that you can get a registration code.

We will not accept applications without a code. Please note that filling in the screen is NOT a speed event. Errors in the email address or phone number may make it impossible to reach you. Please make sure contact information is correct. On February 16th, get to the webpage a few minutes early, so that you can fill in the information correctly, and only click on the "submit" button once the time is correct. I will email you a code after you successfully submit the information to me after 9:30 PM February 16th.

These are 2 separate matches held at the same time: Different number of days to shoot, different stages, and different prize tables. You are welcome to try and obtain a registration code for both matches, but you will have to decide which match you prefer to shoot before filling out the application. There will be separate registration lists and separate waiting lists for the Pro & Am matches.

If you are match staff - the registration code is RO. Once the application is available, you can submit an application using that code. You DO need to submit an application if you plan to work and shoot.

If you are assuming you will be a sponsored shooter, check with your sponsor, to be sure they are already committed to sponsor the match. Several sponsors gave Rockcastle a commitment at the SHOT Show. In that case, you can skip the sign in process, and submit an application after it is available. Your registration code is the word Sponsor and there is a space to indicate the name of your Sponsor. Every year we get applications from shooters who claim sponsorship with companies that have not signed a contract with Rockcastle. In that case you STILL need to sign-in for a registration code. The details of how the sponsor covers your match fees will be negotiated between your sponsor and the folks at Rockcastle.

Linda Chico

2015 Brownells-Rockcastle ProAm Statistician

Email messages were sent out to everyone who registered last year. If you did not get one, it may be that your email address has changed since last year.

Registration Will Open on Feb 16, 2015 at 9:30 PM EST – yes, 9:30 PM – not 9:00 pm as posted originally on the on this Forum.

<snip>

Linda Chico

Could a Moderator or someone with a secret code update the 1st post of this thread to reflect the 9:30 PM EST registration time?

Thank you

Registration Will Open on Feb 16, 2015 at 9:30 PM EST yes, 9:30 PM not 9:00 pm as posted originally on the on this Forum.

<snip>

Linda Chico

Could a Moderator or someone with a secret code update the 1st post of this thread to reflect the 9:30 PM EST registration time?

Thank you

Good luck with that!

Linda,

Not sure if it has been mentioned but the test page states that registration opens on February 17th. Your mail note states the 16th.

Thanks again for all you do.

I think you are looking at the match website (Rock3gun.com) which has not been updated and has last year's information. The test page, the messages I posted on this forum & the emails I sent (over 800 of them) - all say February 16 at 9:30 PM (I included a screen shot of the sign up page:

testpage.jpg

Edited by LChico

Linda I missed last year due to a wedding but I was in the two previous years. I did not get the e-mail this year so where is the sign up for 2015 going to be.

And thanks for all your hard work

Schultz

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=208400&p=2327789 (post 57 at the top of this page) has the link & all the info you will need. It is literally a repeat of the email I sent out.

Edited by LChico

Linda please double check I keep using the link in mail note #57 and it keeps going to the 2014 link....

http://www.lchico5u.com/ar15-2.html

flrglock,

I clicked on the link in your post and it takes me to the 2015 page. Clear your browsers history, cache, etc and try it again.

Edited by GunCat