Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Brownells Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Chamiopship - Official

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One big suggestion for those who run the match. Publish the random prize order in advance of calling names. It shouldnt be too hard. Do it before the dinner. That way people can get on the road if they are 245th in line and don't want to stay for stickers.

One big suggestion for those who run the match. Publish the random prize order in advance of calling names. It shouldnt be too hard. Do it before the dinner. That way people can get on the road if they are 245th in line and don't want to stay for stickers.

OMG, amen!

Just for conversation sake-

If names were drawn before awards and posted, what methods do you guys feel would be reasonable to assure the competitors of a fair random draw? The public drawing process ensures transparency, but I'm sure if names were just posted on the lodge in random order there would be some competitors feeling as if there was favoritism involved. I have no doubt that the match staff would handle this with integrity, but I'm sure we'll all admit it's likely someone will cry foul if there's no pre-determined and transparent process.

Just for conversation sake-

If names were drawn before awards and posted, what methods do you guys feel would be reasonable to assure the competitors of a fair random draw? The public drawing process ensures transparency, but I'm sure if names were just posted on the lodge in random order there would be some competitors feeling as if there was favoritism involved. I have no doubt that the match staff would handle this with integrity, but I'm sure we'll all admit it's likely someone will cry foul if there's no pre-determined and transparent process.

I am, by no means, a tech-guru......but for some reason, I thought there was a computer program or possibly iphone/ipad App where you could randomly shuffle numbers or possibly the names entered by the numbers. Have everyone out front for the random draw, have a junior shooter touch the screen to randomly shuffle the names/numbers, then copy the list and add it to the Rock website....everyone can look at the list, see where their name lies, then the know how many beers they can have before their name is called.

The bigger complaint I heard last year while drinking beers during the AM prize table was people picking up and putting down prizes, with some cherry picking from prizes to make their own prize. Hire some Catholic nuns and give them yardsticks.....someone picks up a prize and sets it back down, smack their hand. :devil:

At a predetermined stage location have each AM shooter draw a number from the hat after their squad shoots the stage. The number corresponds to their draw from the prize table. Still a random draw with no chance of (perceived) rigging and the prize table stays intact until after the awards dinner so the sponsors can get some recognition.

Random draw/random prizes, no table. Bag all the prizes up and slap a number on them. Shooter picks up their randomly selected number at registration. Jake Martin has been doing this for years at indiana.

You wanna walk a table...shoot pro.

Corey, the big problem with that is no one gets to see all the cool toys donated by sponsors other than the guy that sees what's in his bag. Not very good for sponsor recognition.

Steve Rose has a good idea. That's kind of like how Gary and crew use to do the KY State MG. It worked well there. But, if numbers 1-246 (or whatever) were used, the shooter would know when they get to draw, allowing them to leave their stickers if they didn't want them. (Did I mention I LOVE stickers?)

Ok same thing but the items are on the table layer out with a number. Brian ray gets called 256 he gets the 256 labeled prize? Have a 30 minute pre draw table walk through? Have the draw order posted before hand. Everybody gets to see what's there, you know what your getting so you can stay or not.

Corey, the big problem with that is no one gets to see all the cool toys donated by sponsors other than the guy that sees what's in his bag. Not very good for sponsor recognition.

Steve Rose has a good idea. That's kind of like how Gary and crew use to do the KY State MG. It worked well there. But, if numbers 1-246 (or whatever) were used, the shooter would know when they get to draw, allowing them to leave their stickers if they didn't want them. (Did I mention I LOVE stickers?)

You’ve got it.

I didn’t originate the idea, I just remembered it.