Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Spolar Hydraulics---1050

Anyone know if spolar hrydraulics will work on a 1050. Spolar makes a high end shotgun reloader and use their own dydraulics system. Just wondering if anyone has tried it on a 1050. Seems that it may work.

Thanks Jim

Talk to his wife Dixie, she is the marketing force behind Spolar. I owned the very first Spolar fully automated machine. They are not cheap, but are built as you would expect any fine tooled and manufactured item to be. My experience with them is wonderful. They are great people, if you talk to Dixie tell her Ken Birdsell said hello. :cheers:

I do have a spolar hydraulic system, had it hooked up to my PW, worked great. Now I'm wondering if it work with a 1050. Will Dixie today.

Sold my shotgun equipment, Just curious if anyone may have a 1050 or a 650 for sale.

Thanks Jim

I do have a spolar hydraulic system, had it hooked up to my PW, worked great. Now I'm wondering if it work with a 1050. Will Dixie today.

Sold my shotgun equipment, Just curious if anyone may have a 1050 or a 650 for sale.

Thanks Jim

No clue what the Spolar would be worth used, but honestly, the Forcht is going to be tough to beat for a 1050, especially in the new 3-phase version.

Just the noise from that hydraulic pump would be enough to make me want to ditch the Spolar.

Edited by Brassaholic13

Will see once they post a video....it sure looks interesting. The NO mods to the press and keeping the full stroke is a huge plus. Makes it a lot easier to load 223/556. That's one thing I don't like on the Forcht.

Edited by Kaskillo

I'm prodding Forcht now to come up with a longer stroke model... Modding the press is really no big deal. How many frames have you ever heard of that failed on the 1050? In reality, the entire center could be cut out of the bottom. The bolts would hold it in place to keep the frame from trying to spread.

I'd like to see Forcht cut out the bottom center, make a spacer for under the press to increase eccentric to table clearance, then use a bigger eccentric to increase stroke. That would be the bomb-diggity.

The downside to the Mark7 is that it will never see the speeds that the Forcht can achieve. There's simply too much mass for a small stepper motor to control. I'm guessing they've tested that already and found that 1800 is the limit.

On the 650XL auto-drive that I made, based loosely on the PW auto-drive, I can tell you that the limits due to inertia and weight are 2500...again, thats on a 650 which doesn't have the mass the 1050 does.

Interesting indeed.....but $2500 :blush:

Well $2,500.00 is certainly an interesting starting place. Unless I miss my guess there will not be just a ton sold. The R&D may eat them up to recover. So lets see...... 1800.00 Dillon + 2500.00 Mark 7 + 350.00 Bullet feeder. So out the door no tax or shipping a total loader would cost $ 4, 650.00 Really!

Yes, interesting indeed.....

:cheers:

Well $2,500.00 is certainly an interesting starting place. Unless I miss my guess there will not be just a ton sold. The R&D may eat them up to recover. So lets see...... 1800.00 Dillon + 2500.00 Mark 7 + 350.00 Bullet feeder. So out the door no tax or shipping a total loader would cost $ 4, 650.00 Really!

Well, for double you can buy a CamDex to do pistol I believe... Aren't they in the $10k range? Camdex does more than double of the Mark7 in speed.

For a CamDex to do Rifle its like $75k?

Or was that Ammoload... I forget.

Edited by Brassaholic13

I'm prodding Forcht now to come up with a longer stroke model... Modding the press is really no big deal. How many frames have you ever heard of that failed on the 1050? In reality, the entire center could be cut out of the bottom. The bolts would hold it in place to keep the frame from trying to spread.

I'd like to see Forcht cut out the bottom center, make a spacer for under the press to increase eccentric to table clearance, then use a bigger eccentric to increase stroke. That would be the bomb-diggity.

The downside to the Mark7 is that it will never see the speeds that the Forcht can achieve. There's simply too much mass for a small stepper motor to control. I'm guessing they've tested that already and found that 1800 is the limit.

On the 650XL auto-drive that I made, based loosely on the PW auto-drive, I can tell you that the limits due to inertia and weight are 2500...again, thats on a 650 which doesn't have the mass the 1050 does.

I never said modding the press frame was a big deal. What I mean is modifying the press and shorten the stroke making it impossible to process/load 308 and very difficult to process/load 223/556 at high speed. I am NOT saying the Forcht Auto drive is not the best out there at the moment. It is to me and I like it.

$2,500 is expensive for the average reloader.

$1200/$1500 for the Forcht and you can still buy another 650 or 1050 and you have a proven system plus the flexibility of having another press that will do rifle.....

Edited by Kaskillo

I never said modding the press frame was a big deal. What I mean is modifying the press and shorten the stroke making it impossible to process/load 308 and very difficult to process/load 223/556 at high speed. I am NOT saying the Forcht Auto drive is not the best out there at the moment. It is to me and I like it.

This is true, you did not say it was a big deal. However, generally speaking, when someone says "The NO mods to the press" and emphasizes "NO" with capital letters, that's an implication of a big deal. ;)

What difficulties specifically are you having with high speed 5.56, and what do you consider high speed in rounds per hour? I'm running at 2500, which is about all the collator can keep up with. If the collator filled EVERY slot EVERY time it only feeds 5.56 at 2880. In fact, I just ordered a Dayton 8.75 motor (12V DC) and a PWM to start experimenting with increasing collator feed rates.

• 3 months later...

Hello: I just got a used Spolar with Hydro unit. I was thinking about converting the unit to fit my Dillon RL1050. I may need a new cylinder and mount for the Dillon with a handle adapter. I will look at it this week. Mine is the older hydro unit and it is not very loud at all. Now to build a bunch to fit it all. Thanks, Eric

Well, for double you can buy a CamDex to do pistol I believe... Aren't they in the $10k range? Camdex does more than double of the Mark7 in speed.

For a CamDex to do Rifle its like $75k?

Or was that Ammoload... I forget.

Camdex for pistol is running around 30k Edited by andre3k