• 1 month later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you want a good precision can go with thunderbeast. If you want to do mag dumps, get surefire.

For precision, I would stay away from quick detach. Thunderbeast brake system is not really QD and will maintain accuracy. Most QD systems are hit and miss with accuracy and repeatability.

I have a silencerco Harvester 7.62 coming for my LRP bolt gun and a specwar 7.62 for my AR10. I should have them I hope by Nov,Dec. Get the trust from silencer shop quick and very easy.

I went with Templar tactical and its been FIVE MONTHS coming up on 6 and my form 3 still hasn't been approved. I could understand a form 4 taking that long but a FORM 3, I think I might ask for a refund and look elsewhere.

Form 3's might take that long if production was backed up. The form 3 cannot be filed until the suppressor is manufactured. If the manufacturer is 4 months behind then you will wait in line for 4 months before a form 3 can be filed.

On the other hand, the dealer could have "forgotten" to file the form 3 and you are waiting for no reason at this point.

Either way...when you file the form 4 make sure that you personally get the forms and check for mistakes and mail them yourself. You have to let a dealer file form 3. You can mail the form 4 yourself.

Edited by dddoo7

I came down pretty hard on them a little over a month ago about this issue and they assured me that the form 3 was sent off back in January. When buying a suppressor I decided to go straight to the manufacture to make sure that I wouldn't encounter any middle man issues but I think it ended up biting my in the butt.

Best option is to find one in stock at a dealer. Actually put your hands on it and walk out with the form 4 mostly filled out. Finish the form 4 and mail it yourself.

This isn't always possible though because most dealers don't stock much.

• 2 weeks later...

If I recall correctly from the precisionrifleblogs.com's post about PRS suppressor usage at major matches, Thunderbeast was the clear winner. Might want to give them a hard look.

• 3 weeks later...

SilencerCO emailed me Form 3 transfer approved. it came into the shop I am getting it throw and I did the form 4 and paid the 200 they said it will take 9 months. seems a might long don't it?

SilencerCO emailed me Form 3 transfer approved. it came into the shop I am getting it throw and I did the form 4 and paid the 200 they said it will take 9 months. seems a might long don't it?

Should be 3-6 from what Ive seen. My recent form 4 on a trust was 3 months Www.nfatracker.com Edited by DWFAN

Should be 3-6 from what Ive seen. My recent form 4 on a trust was 3 months Www.nfatracker.com

that would be great.

• 3 weeks later...

Different people have different needs and cans are one of those things that can be very personal. Do yourself a favor and call a dealer, like The Silencer Shop, who carry a variety of brands and talk it over with them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

had my Saker 7.62 before the Omega was introduced. I run it on 3 different calibers on 4 different rifles. I think im going to invest in a direct thread mount for it just to play with to shorten it and lighten it a couple of ounces. My next center fire rifle can will probably be an Omega. My first couple of items were Form 4 to me as an individual, but there are so many restrictions on what you can and cant do with your items, I decided to set up a trust with my brother and dad. We can swap cans for a week for testing and its not an issue. Its also nice if I leave town for a few days, I can take the items on the trust over to one of their houses and store it in their safe until I get back.

All of the choices of the suppressors mentioned here, are really the top of what is available. Specwar, Saker, Thunderbeast, Omega, etc. They really are apples to apples. The choice you make is personal and what YOU decide you want in a can, is what will make it the right can for you. Things that make one can better than another simply comes down to what is important to you. If the absolute lowest DB is what your aiming for, or the lightest can, the shortest can, the most versatile can. DB ratings are one way to compare how well they work, but don't forget that two suppressors can have the same DB rating and still sound different due to tone.

• 4 weeks later...