Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Post your temperatures. Let's see how the BEnos universe is doing

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea where Prudhoe Bay is but regardless of that I can say with a strong amount of certainty that I will not be going there. Currently 53 degrees in Sonoma County and that is about 30 degrees too cold for me.

2 hours ago, TexasG said:

I have no idea where Prudhoe Bay is but regardless of that I can say with a strong amount of certainty that I will not be going there. Currently 53 degrees in Sonoma County and that is about 30 degrees too cold for me.

Well, the beach itself ain't much to see, but a few miles anyway but North is some of the most wild and beautiful land this country has to offer. 

27° is almost balmy, much warmer and the skeeters'll carry you away.

94° driving home from the match yesterday, high of 92° today, think I'll wait 'til noon and see if the range is vacant for some practice.

I work up here in the oil field, spend half my life here [emoji16]but 27 is actually nice ,,,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

What Mcfoto said. The month of May in Eugene, Oregon is our orgasmic reward for living here year-round. Trees are virtually dripping with leaf (and getting bigger every year), the rhododendrons and azaleas are in full bloom, temps in the 70s, poofy white clouds in blue skies, and the birds are singing. My, oh My.  :wub:

(The other nice moment here is October, when all those dripping-with-leaf trees do their "turning" thing, with outstanding colors and sudden brisk breezes sending dead leaves skittering across the streets. Just as nice, but different, than spring.)

PS--I've been to Prudhoe Bay when it's 20-below.

Edited by SiG Lady

1 hour ago, SiG Lady said:

What Mcfoto said. The month of May in Eugene, Oregon is our orgasmic reward for living here year-round. Trees are virtually dripping with leaf (and getting bigger every year), the rhododendrons and azaleas are in full bloom, temps in the 70s, poofy white clouds in blue skies, and the birds are singing. My, oh My.  :wub:

(The other nice moment here is October, when all those dripping-with-leaf trees do their "turning" thing, with outstanding colors and sudden brisk breezes sending dead leaves skittering across the streets. Just as nice, but different, than spring.)

PS--I've been to Prudhoe Bay when it's 20-below.

Arrgh!  

Siggy, you’re killing me!  We are already running days in the 90’s with thunderheads building over the mountains around us. I am hoping that we get a quiet summer, but am not holding my breath.  Right now, I’m sitting on the back patio, and it’s 78*.

Our lovely 70-something temps often don't last too long. It's famous here for going from endless days of 45/50-something (and 30-something nights) to 80-something-and-beyond without too much of that nice 70-something in between.  We're right in the midst of that brief 70-something blip on our weather radar, though, as we'd better savor it.  :unsure: 

I have a cousin in Bloomington, California, and it gets hot and stays hot down there. Not unusual for stretches of 100-something there--I could NEVER live with that.  :goof:

90 a pleasant day)

If 90 was where the mercury stopped, that would be fine. We have a tendency to hit triple digits with neither of the first two being a zero. [emoji33]

• 5 weeks later...

Today was great with 95* F, 7% humidity, and 20 mph winds. Depending on which forecast, we are looking at 106* to 109*F for the weekend and a Fire Weather Watch in effect.

• 2 weeks later...

97F here presently.  Supposed to be two or three days toward end of next week around 102F.  Not as bad as some other places but a tad warm.

Edited by Steve RA
Boo Boo