Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Post your temperatures. Let's see how the BEnos universe is doing

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About 0 Celsius (32 F) and possibly light snow fall expected for Saturday. Sounds about right for riding my bicycle to the pistol range.

That was interesting... My shooting range trip turned into bike biathlon practice :)

I got started a little later than planned. Packed my Detonics, a few magazines, holster, mag pouches, a couple of boxes of ammo, ear muffs, a target center, patches, tape, thumbtacks, screwdriver and a sweater in a small backpack - and got on my bike. Temps were a little above freezing after all, and there was more wet snow than expected. There was enough snow and slush on the ground to slow me down. Headwind... The last half a kilometer were in 6 inches of snow with just a couple of old car tracks. So it took longer to get there.

I arrive out of breath and with my glasses wet. What time is it? 15 minutes to "cease fire" (noise regulations...). Get my wet windbreaker off and put the sweater on. Tape the target center to someones discarded cardboard target and put that on a stand. Wipe most of the water from the lenses with my finger (forgot to bring anything for that). Put some holes in the target pretending I'm under some sort of pressure.... Emptied five 7-round magazines from the 25 meter shed, before going to look. On an IPSC or USPSA target they would all have been As. Acceptable. Time's out, no more noise allowed.

Riding back was easier: a little tailwind and more distance down gentle hills. Felt like I'd had some exercise.

---------------------------------

About +1 Celsius today, too, but more good snowball snow on the ground.

-1 Celsius expected for Monday, which should make conditions a little more dry.

Edited by perttime

• 3 weeks later...