Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Post your temperatures. Let's see how the BEnos universe is doing

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had a great shoot today, The range was only expected to get to 78 by 4:00 PM and it was mostly cloudy. What great weather for a match!

Now, next weekend we are supposed to be back up to 100. :/

We're pretty much back to normal here. Been mainly overcast (with only bits of sun) and in the mid-70s. Could hardly ask for more. What wonderful relief! They predict it will remain this way for the usual week-ahead prognostication.

Yes, I know. But it's a matter of perspective. The Pacific Northwest has changed in climate so much in the last, say, ten years, that we've become something we never used to be. We no longer have the reputation as being the "Pacific Northwet" but are now considered seriously "in drought" and it's affecting agriculture like you wouldn't believe. Some farmers have simply stopped farming. Water conservation is now normal. Water rationing is following close behind The extended periods of higher heat at odd times of the year (or more often during the year) is killing us in more ways than one. All this was unheard of just a handful of years ago . . . when we began to notice ourselves being several (to more than several) inches of rain behind the norm each successive year. I was worried about this long ago. It's more like California here now. And that's not good. It's just plain hotter here now.

For us to live through a nearly month-long heat-wave in June, of all months, is outrageous--and scary. Temps in the high 90s or triple digits used to be rare. And I don't have to tell you how dangerous these conditions are with regard to wildfires. Jeez. So, for US, a temperature of 100 (or 100+) degrees is both unusual AND unhealthy for many of us. Our future here in the Pacific Northwest is now in question, and local scientists are scrambling for answers to questions about water supply, agriculture, human health, and commerce. We're in trouble "up here." :ph34r:

Edited by SiG Lady

100 degrees, 14% humidity. It's getting worse by the day . . . :surprise:

Child's play. :devil::goof:

I know you know what heat is all about! I am not well suited for the Phoenix sun due to skin type but I stopped using it as a reason to not compete. Now I look forward to going out and sweating during the matches.