Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grand Power X-Calibur: technical discussion

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Odd that those are coming with the red spring now. I wonder if Eagle would mail you the stock X-Cal spring, or one of the blue flat-wounds (if they have them)? I think a CZ or Tanfoglio spring, clipped as necessary, would do the job just fine, of course.

Anyhoo, I got my X-Cal out again yesterday and got some more rounds down it. Academy had Monarch ammo back in stock, so I tried using some of it. It was brass-cased; I don't know if the primers are the same as their steel-cased (hardest primers I've ever seen in commercial 9mm; hard than Tula, even), but they are still quite hard.

As a point of comparison, my SD gun is a Sig P290, which is totally fine with any quality ammo...all SD JHP's work fine, Winchester White Box, Federal/American Eagle, ect all work fine. I've had like one or two light strikes with Blazer. Monarch ALWAYS, without fail, takes two hits to go bang.

My X-Cal (with the shortened hammer spring) had one light strike out of a 50rnd box of Monarch. Then switched to Blazer, which was flawless. Was surprised and impressed...my hammer is SO easy to manipulate, yet it still has enough inertia for 100% reliability with all but the worst of ammo.

I have spoke with Eagle, they will call when they get some in stock. Until then i have a cut down CZ 11 pound spring in the gun. I'm going to guess I'll end up at 8 or 9 pounds with this gun and my competition loads. It's pretty amazing I can't wait to tear into the internals and get it slicked up!

• 1 month later...

.060 is freaking narrow

Typically a "narrow" front sight is .090"

He's refering to the diameter of the pipe, not the width of the sight.

Gotcha

I'll get back in my lane, I was just trying to be helpful ;)

No worry :)

The FO seems to be pretty standard. I just hate seeing it fly at the very beginning of a match and realize I have no replacement. Good thing that we are a good bunch and usually I can find someone who has FO but I hate being the beggar.

Just got my basepads in from Springer Precision and thought I'd post a pic as I hadn't seen one yet. Fit and finish on them is excellent and I really like the additional weight and the color.

123rtde.jpg

15ckb2g.jpg

Sweet.

Mine are in the mail. I ordered red. Because I live in a red state :)

But I will still use strips of 3m tread tape. I have a huge roll to go through.

Has Blade Tech even made a holster at all?

Am I biased since I was born in Slovakia and want one ??? Lol

Got one coming , 2 weeks and counting. Where's a good place to get holster for it ?

Red Hill Training make a nice one.

That's where I got mine. Very happy with it.

Also , am I andurtanding correctly , that you can modify CZ 75 mags to fit GP ?

I don't think anybody makes 10 round mags for it ( freaken NY) and I already have bunch of CZ mags.

We've talked about that a few times but right now with 15-round mags at $20 a pop it's not exactly talked about any longer.

You need to call Eagle Imports at 732-493-0333, ask for Matthew.