Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HK VP9 in production ?

hkvp9

Yes. I have completed three matches so far with it at the club level. It is a nice modern SFA pistol, but it is not worth giving up your Glock or M&P. The VP9 will keep up with these pistols but will not displace them. I am kind of a HK nut and like shooting/owning them. But the Glock 17 is the still the King of the Hill. Any modern SFA pistol from a reputable manufacturer is a good choice. They are the best pistols out there.

I gave it some thought when I handled one at the LGS. I currently shoot a XDM 5.25". I don't see where the HK is going to displace anything or particularly fill a void. It looks like it should be a competitive pistol and from most reports it has a good trigger and is accurate. After that it is up to the shooter to run the gun.

I've shot the VP9 and the 5 and 4 inch PPQ's. They have nice, smooth triggers. But not enough of an improvement to justify leaving Glocks for me. The trigger reset is longer on the HK over the PPQ.

The reset on the PPQ was super short. That combined with a light trigger had me accidentally doubling a few times when shooting with any speed. If it were going to be my one-and-only pistol, I would've kept it and just gotten used to it. It didn't seem like a good idea for me to have that in the mix with my Glock 34 and P30 LEM.

The VP9 is somewhere in the middle between the Glock and Walther. I like it, but am not sure I can come up with a good reason to buy one unless I came across a deal too good to pass up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...