Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scheumann Barrels?

New Old Guy

Yeah Schuemann's are becoming unicorns. Infinity is the next best bet. Mike makes great barrels I hope he gets production ramped up soon!

Edit: that is to say the hybrids KKM and the other usual suspects are great for the non-hybrid barrels.

Edited by StraightUp_OG

I just bought a .355 4 port threaded hybrid with W/N ramp cut at Speed Shooters International. Maybe I was lucky, but have been trying to find that type of barrel for over a year. Schuemann doesn't respond to emails nor answer the phone from my experiences to date. But, it does seem like more barrels are finally getting to market.

They are in business and putting out a lot of barrels. The only time they are not making barrels is when a machine goes down for maintenance/breaks or they are at matches or have family business. They are one of the few Gun businesses that don't have a big inventory right now, but are keeping up with demand. That will ensure they are in business for a long time. Send Mike an email and he should be able to give you accurate lead times on their products......oh yeah, middle late march he will be running the US STEEL NATIONALS in Florida for us Steel shooters....as he gives back to the shooting community as well...... :cheers:

DougC

Well I would like to believe that. I have 2 barrels on order that were ordered 2 years ago. I email Mike every few months to see how things are going and he has never returned my emails. So I hope you are right. I will send Mike an email again this month to test your hypothesis.

Again l love Schuemann and I hope Mike is indeed ramping production.

• 4 weeks later...

KKMs are great barrels and great people to deal with. They answer the phone and emails - isn't that nice. Not only that, I get better PF numbers from KKM over the Schuemanns I've had. In fact, I am replacing one of last Schuemanns right now with a KKM. I will give it to Schuemann, they have the widest selection out there. SV are very nice barrels but they sell out quickly when they do stock them.

KKMs are great barrels and great people to deal with. They answer the phone and emails - isn't that nice. Not only that, I get better PF numbers from KKM over the Schuemanns I've had. In fact, I am replacing one of last Schuemanns right now with a KKM. I will give it to Schuemann, they have the widest selection out there. SV are very nice barrels but they sell out quickly when they do stock them.

I agree. KKM has a lower upfront cost, but requires additional labor hours to fit. The big plus, KKM is normally available. I noticed better PF numbers also with the same loads.