Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classifier Calculator Tool

Flexmoney

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calculator now supports all the 08 classifiers for Limited-10 Division :)

also,

All divisions are now sponsored by some great vendors with some awsome products for the shooting community. :)

Edited by robomanusa

Thanks Rob. Your little program helps the waiting for a month between uploads. I understand it takes a lot of resources, but I sure would like to see them upload twice a month. ;)

Your welcome.

It would be nice to have the stats updated bi-monthly as you say, but with clubs still filing paper results and those then having to be input manually, not much more can be done to automate the process. The fees associated with classifiers must need paid as well before the clubs results get posted, so there is alot in the background that has to happen with the given limited resources at hand.

I try to make the calc as accurate as possible and 99% of the time I am right, so that is good :)

If you find an error please let me know what error you find.......dont just send me an email saying the calc is broke......that dont tell me alot, cause when I check, its not broke and is working just fine, tell me what happened and why you think its broke, an explaination as to the trouble is always helpful, LOL

Thanks Rob. Your little program helps the waiting for a month between uploads. I understand it takes a lot of resources, but I sure would like to see them upload twice a month. ;)

Your welcome.

It would be nice to have the stats updated bi-monthly as you say, but with clubs still filing paper results and those then having to be input manually, not much more can be done to automate the process. The fees associated with classifiers must need paid as well before the clubs results get posted, so there is alot in the background that has to happen with the given limited resources at hand.

I try to make the calc as accurate as possible and 99% of the time I am right, so that is good :)

If you find an error please let me know what error you find.......dont just send me an email saying the calc is broke......that dont tell me alot, cause when I check, its not broke and is working just fine, tell me what happened and why you think its broke, an explaination as to the trouble is always helpful, LOL

I did see a small error in hit factor, but it wasn't worth bring to you... it was like .2 of a percent/ I will check all my results against what you have and send you a report if I see something that looks like it needs fixed.

Thanks again

BTW I take the time to look at sponsors and click them to help keep you running.

Best,

Jim

Your welcome.

I did see a small error in hit factor, but it wasn't worth bring to you... it was like .2 of a percent/ I will check all my results against what you have and send you a report if I see something that looks like it needs fixed.

Thanks again

BTW I take the time to look at sponsors and click them to help keep you running.

Best,

Jim

most I can get within +-.002/3 your gonna see that because I use php's number_format to limit the decimal places to 4 only and it rounds it off, php actually calculates out to 14 decimal places, LOL

. number_format("$_my_variable",4) .

I could probably change the php configuration on the server to 4 decimal places then I wouldnt have to use php's number_format. But then I would have to change several hundred lines of code and I dont feel like doing that....:)

Your welcome.

Thanks again

Best,

Jim

most I can get within +-.002/3 your gonna see that because I use php's number_format to limit the decimal places to 4 only and it rounds it off, php actually calculates out to 14 decimal places, LOL

. number_format("$_my_variable",4) .

I could probably change the php configuration on the server to 4 decimal places then I wouldnt have to use php's number_format. But then I would have to change several hundred lines of code and I dont feel like doing that....:)

There's no need... if it is within .5% that works for me.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Who is the new owner, because Nick Rembis has been cashing our checks, but our banner spot has been given to someone else? The last check was cashed on July 1st, and we noticed the banner was gone on August 2nd. Any info would be appreciated.

Edited by fomeister

• 3 weeks later...

Earlier this month, at a classifier match, I shot what I believe to be an 85.8119% run on CM08-03. When I go to my USPSA number, it says that I shot a 77.3990. My hit factor is 7.8947. I am shooting in production, and my USPSA number is A-61677. Am I entering it into classifiercalc.com incorrectly, or what? I don't really care one way or the other if it is changed at USPSA, but I just wanted to know what the deal was.

Thanks,

Kevin

It could be off. The Calculator is based on shooter input (which can occasionally be in error), and it's possible (though not likely) the HHF was changed by USPSA.

Hit the email link on the Calculator and send them your USPSA-published results for that HF. They've made a number of adjustments based on that sort of feedback.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Is the Classifier Calculator Tool going to be updated with the new 09-XX classifiers?

Rumor has it the service is no longer being maintained/updated. I hope not because it is a great tool.