Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gen 4 Glock 19 trigger help?

ICEMAN550

JC, Your V4 connector should have reduce your trigger pull by approximately 16oz. If it only reduced your trigger pull by 11oz. you may want to try another connector or make sure yours is properly installed and lubricated.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been studying this out for some time now, and did so before i started making mods. Feel it's installed right and lubed. Have thought of trying some graphite but have never read of anyone doing that. And yes.... from my research I thought I'd make more gains on this. I'm kind if coming back to why the stock trigger is at 7lbs.

I've thought of trying the minus connector but from what I've read i don't think I'd like the feel of it.

I did the polish jkb on the stock parts.. but not the Zev connector. Was really marking time for the backorder on the LWD trigger to clear up to address pre/aft travel before I did a next step. If the stock setp had been at 6lbs to start with.... I'd be close.

The gen 3 and 4 connector assembly slot in the trigger housing have the exact same angle it is the connector it self that has been changed in the Gen 4 to a dot (.) connector which is more open/oblique then the gen 3 however to compensate for this change the birds beak or nose of the gen 4 trigger bar has a different radius than the gen 3 to keep the drop rate consistent as well as a longer sear tab measured from the crossbars of the cruciform to the end to address the longer travel down the connector angle. Here is a vid on some things you can do to the frame and slide to address drag which usually is the main culprit with the heaver Gen 4 break weights

and here's a check list

Here's a check list-
Drag- possibilities-
too much of a bump on vertical extension dragging on the slide as well as causing the sear to twist high on the left side creating a sloppy release.
FIX-smooth down bump
too little of a bump on the vertical extension causing drag on 1 or all 3 polymer outcroppings running perpendicular to the transfer bar
FIX-smooth outcropping/s that are leaving drag marks on the bar
VARY COMMON w/gen 4 drag on the lateral side of the beak of the transfer bar due to too much polymer or connector bent too far lateral pinning the bar at that area
FIX- decrease the lateral bend of connector and/or smooth out polymer
glitch in the polymer on the 45 degree angle in the trigger housing window or just a faulty housing or cross bars of the cruciform, seer angle too obtuse, drag at the trigger pin in general or caused by slide stop,
radius of beak off or tooling burs causing slow action as well as off angel of dot connector being too relaxed.
Slide to frame fit not tight enough
off set spring cups, problems with channel debris.
Start breaking it down to see what it could be from above.
Hope this helps
Edited by BigBoss

Not understanding these comments by Johnny....

VARY COMMON w/gen 4 drag on the lateral side of the beak of the transfer bar due to too much polymer or connector bent too far lateral pinning the bar at that area
FIX- decrease the lateral bend of connector and/or smooth out polymer

What is the lateral side? Can anyone clarify.

I detect a little rubbing as he describes and shown in the video, but very little. Nothing like the Glock in the video. For sure my Glock has something going on causing this trigger weight which I consider abnormal.

I've never had to do any of the above work on frame polishing but it doesn't hurt it. Bending the connector closer into the ejector housing and polishing the face and inside angle that the trigger bar rides down helps. Leave a .002-.003 gap between the connector and outer edges of housing.

Edited by dskinsler83

I am using lateral as a term of position in reference to the housing.which in this case would mean bend it in a medial direction as toward the housing.no don't Bend the living bejesus out of it just enough to take the unnecessary pressure that could be pinning the barup against the polymer wall. I hear what you're saying DK it's not a common thing but I had enough customers that were having the same issues with above average trigger pulls as these two gentlemen that it was worth me putting up a video on it. I also state in the video if you can't find any indications of drag just leave the frame alone.so if your reading this please note this is more of a trouble shooting video

Edited by BigBoss

also Mr Cummings very little there and maybe a very little in three of the other places I mentioned turns out to be a lot.so don't overlook the smaller things because it is the compounded stacking of all these smaller issues that causes the overall problem. The Glock is pretty simple if it was a singular problem it would more than likely stick out like a sore thumb.best of luck I'm available by PM if you need any other clarifications.

I just want to say that I appreciate all the knowledge and information passed on by several members. It is also good to hear that there are others dealing with heavy stock triggers also. This forum is the place to go to get correct information and not just BS someone pulled out of their butts!

ICEMAN you and I have the same exact problem, and I have yet to figure it out....but working on it. And yes, some pretty knowledgeable people on this forum. Really nice that they try to help.

Have you made any improvement? and if so, with what changes.