2015 USPSA Multigun Nationals

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Borrowing this from Ocean's Eleven concerning rooms,

"2 words...mini bar"

Just kidding Pete,

Keep up the awesome work you do on stages.

Hopefully your able to delegate out that job on the rooms.

If there is a delegate, two more words...crap table!

JUST KIDDING!

Ha!

Looking forward to the match.

Edited by silver star

What is the shooting schedule like for this match? I am trying to see if I can squeeze this match in over a vacation week there. Any input would help.

Also, did they have a way for shooters to ship ammo ahead of arrival?

It is a AM/PM schedule for Friday and Saturday, but Sunday will go to a on/off schedule so everyone is on the range at the same time and hopefully finish on time.

Information to follow on ammo, and match hotel.

Status updates:

Still waiting to hear back from the hotel.

Ammo shipping address is waiting on Phil to coordinate sponsors. We do not yet know if American Shooters will be sponsoring the match. The last several years they have received competitor ammo, provided free range passes, and were the FFL for the prize table. If you need to have your ammo shipped before the official shipping address is published then you will be able to ship it to Pete at iscopellc.com.

The match on clubs.practiscore is full; however, there were plenty of sponsor slots set aside. As people move off of the regular list to the sponsored slots or the sponsor slots go unfilled more room will open in the match. Please sign up for the waitlist, it is likely that you will still get in.

It is a shame that you can't make this one Bryan. I consider it the premier 3-gun match in the U.S. at this time.....never thought I would have said that about USPSA, but there it is! Sorry I will miss you at shot show amigo.....see ya on down the shooting trail!

I agree with Kurt. The USPSA Multigun Nats has become my favorite 3 gun match. Now I live in AZ and haven't traveled to the east coast or mid west so can't give a direct comparison. The stage design, round count etc make it simply Bad Ass. SMM3 Gun match is easily second, but the only reason why it isn't first is round count. To me shooting all three guns on pretty much every stage and high round counts with each gun is simply more fun and where USPSA Multi Hun bears SMM3G.

To me shooting all three guns on pretty much every stage...

I think that there were 3 stages in the 2014 "Nationals" that required all 3 guns... My memory is not what it used to be, however, and it is subject to an occasional lapse. I will concede the point that the round count was higher (approximately 30%) than recent editions of the SMM3G...

Edited by Rookie

There were at least 4 and I can only find about 8 of last years stages. I would much rather shoot a bunch of two gun stages that are well thought out and designed than a bunch of three gun stages where they are just trying to shoe horn in the third gun. For example the shoot 6 rounds of rifle, then 24 Pistol and 18 rounds of SG. The rifle is just an afterthought and feels like it. I'd rather shoot a bunch of stages where it really tests skills with each firearm used rather than just including them to say it's a three gun stage.

True I do believe that stage quality is better than quantity, but I think a major 3 gun match should require more than 366 rounds spread over 3 guns and 3 days (2014 SMM3G). USPSA Multigun last year was 577 rounds over the three guns. For some reason I remember more three gun required stages but I was wrong. I love both matches but just wish we could shoot more for the high entrance fees. :-)

Round count at last years MG Nats was crazy high. I really doubt it will be that high this year, but who knows. I think the match is a little shorter, 2 1/2 days, like most MG matches, instead of last years full 3. I was a little bummed with the last SMM3G I shot. It had been a couple years and some of the things I really liked about that match weren't there anymore. The gully runs, crazy round count stages and out of sight props were gone. The last two stages down by the clay pits just seemed like afterthoughts to get the stage count up. That said, SMM3G does an incredible job with the venue they have. There just isn't enough space to let those crazy Rio bastards create the match they could.

Last year the round count for nationals was around 250 rifle, 250 pistol, 125 shot, and 20 slugs.. it was three days but it was shoot one sit one and 12 stages. This year is a two half day format and full day Sunday.

I've been trying to get Pete to use the high power range so we could put full size rifle paper out to 600 with the pits for scoring. I know that would bring up the number of rounds expended, but I don't know if USPSA would be OK with ROs/competitors in the pits or if the range would let us use that area.

I've been trying to get Pete to use the high power range so we could put full size rifle paper out to 600 with the pits for scoring. I know that would bring up the number of rounds expended, but I don't know if USPSA would be OK with ROs/competitors in the pits or if the range would let us use that area.

600 yard paper, that's awesome.

Can we have Jolly Green Giant size paper?

Is there a sponsor packet available somewhere? My shop is interested in sponsoring and attending the match.

http://uspsa.org/new_nationals/sponsors/

From the USPSA page..

2015 Sponsorship Opportunities
We need industry support for the shooting sports now, more than ever. If you’re interested in sponsoring one of our National Championships, please contact our sponsor coordinator, Denielle at denielle@uspsa.org and thank you for your support!

• 3 weeks later...