Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
rcc96

Robar Refinishing

Looking to refinish my 2011 Edge in NP3 / NP3 Plus thru Robar and would like to hear of any experiences you may have had with Robar and NP3..

Thanks.

Rcc

Edited by rcc96

Very slippery. I did one for a customer. Maybe for a carry gun that might be a bit dry sometimes.

On my own gun I'm considering electroless nickel. It's the same coating minus the impregnated Teflon. The Teflon makes the gun a bit too slippery for my tastes.

Refinished my Baer TRS with NP3. It appeared to add some thickness to the slide/rails and made the slide/rail fit even tighter. If I had to do it over again, I would only finish the frame and slide. I had the whole gun refinished and the coating on the hammer/sear changed my trigger pull weight. The finish also appears to have worn slightly from contact with the kydex holster. The finish has not worn through, but it appears duller than the rest of the finish. I should also add that Robar's customer service outstanding.

Mike