Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mr. Bullet Feeder powder funnel sticky

datguy

mr. bullet feeder can fix this. I had exact problem. You need a Lyman extender added to your press. Remove the powder measure from bulletfeeder and re-install the old funnel.. Then it works perfect.

Please elaborate..

Indeed....... I'm assuming you mean remove the MBF funnel but that makes no sense as the MBF funnel works best with the MBF. A quick search did not turn up a lyman extender? If you are using the wet tumble process it amplifies the sticking problem on the funnels. HOWEVER, I recently tested some Dillon case lube after using one shot for a long time. The Lanolin Dillon lube is 10 times better. And guess what? It stopped sticking altogether on my funnel!

Actually its a Lyman expander die. It makes a bell at the top of the case that holds the bullet in at the bullet drop station, that is so the powder funnel does not have to. I have one at station 3 and all is working fine. Hope this is some help.

:cheers:

When I was having the same issue with my 1050, I asked Rick Koskela and he said...

"...simply use the tapered Dillon powder funnel if you use and properly adjust the Dillon swage back up rod when reloading. (even if not swaging the brass primer pockets). The swage back up rod has an expander step that is similar to the one on the MrBulletfeeder powder funnel.

Alternatively… if not swaging, you try installing a Lyman M-Die in the swage position. The M-Die is a case mouth expanding die that is adjustable for depth of expansion."

I went back to the Dillon funnel and haved never looked back.

• 7 years later...
On 12/23/2014 at 7:42 AM, blueeyedme said:

When I was having the same issue with my 1050, I asked Rick Koskela and he said...

"...simply use the tapered Dillon powder funnel if you use and properly adjust the Dillon swage back up rod when reloading. (even if not swaging the brass primer pockets). The swage back up rod has an expander step that is similar to the one on the MrBulletfeeder powder funnel.

Alternatively… if not swaging, you try installing a Lyman M-Die in the swage position. The M-Die is a case mouth expanding die that is adjustable for depth of expansion."

I went back to the Dillon funnel and haved never looked back.

This is a really old topic, but I thought I'd add my 2 cents on this. In my 9mm setup, the Dillon Swage Back-up Rod bottomed out in the case before expanding the case mouth enough to properly seat bullets. I took a flat file and carefully took a few thousandths off the end of the back-up rod being sure to turn it 90 degrees in between strokes to keep it flat. Now it bells the case nicely and problem solved.