Grand Power X-Calibur: range reports

NicVerAZ

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw one of these Grand Masters come through our stage at Area 1 and although I have never shot one, based on what I saw, I was impressed. I know nothing about the guy that was shooting the gun, but his Alpha hits were some of the best I saw during the entire match and the pistol seemed to have very little muzzle movement. From my perspective, it seemed to be a very accurate pistol that was easy to shoot.

I'm at the point where , I'm considering ditching my CZ75 TS in 40 that I use for limited , for X-calibur in production and keeping X-trim for IDPA. I'm definitely biased but , those things make me better shooter.

Picked up my X-Cal this morning. Only had time to run 15 rounds through it. The DA is a little heavier than expected, but the SA is wonderful. Also really like the sight set up and grip ergos. Did have an issue with activating the safety when reaching for the slide release. Might have to switch to having the smaller safeties on both sides.I'm sure I'll learn more when I have a chance to put some more rounds through it. I was accurate with it even at speed,which is very promising!

It seems there's still expecting their June shipment. We're going to have to wait a little while longer.

I just saw one on gunbroker.com. $999... They are going up in price!

Edited by NicVerAZ

Just broke out the punches and hammer today and decided to remove part #52. I will say it makes a very noticeable improvement on the DA pull and a slight reduction on the SA break. No trigger gauge here to actually test the lbs. Only dry fired it since but im loving the gun more and more every day. Now if only my 9mm ammo would come in so I can shoot it more. Got a dang stockpile of 40cal

Anybody knows what adjustable rear sight would fit XTrim ?

Mine shoots about 4-5" too low and swapping rear sight for adjustable is easier then trying to find right front sight I guess.

I know I can send it in and have it fixed under warrantee but , I'd rather keep it simple.

That's pretty much what I did, but still shoots too low ,I have compensate for it when aiming .Not a huge deal .I pretty much put FO dot on top of rear sight when aiming.But don't wanna develop bad habits .GP sight in EU shows 3 different FO sights that are different heights , but nothing like that at eagle import

It seems there's still expecting their June shipment. We're going to have to wait a little while longer.

I just saw one on gunbroker.com. $999... They are going up in price!

They're not going up in price. That gun has been on gunbroker for more than a month lol.

If I'm shooting 124gr rounds at about ~1050fps what recoil spring should I be using in my X-Cal? The lightest(short black one) or the medium(longer black one)?

Why would one spring be better over the other?

I currently have the lightest spring(short black one) in and my ejected brass ends up no further than a couple feet from me.

If I'm shooting 124gr rounds at about ~1050fps what recoil spring should I be using in my X-Cal? The lightest(short black one) or the medium(longer black one)?

Why would one spring be better over the other?

I currently have the lightest spring(short black one) in and my ejected brass ends up no further than a couple feet from me.

For this the standard one, which is the medium rate spring.

The lighter spring I personally recommend for 135gr and 147gr bullets at the bottom PF.

Whichever one feels better to you, recoil spring weight is very subjective, I know a very successful GM that runs a very heavy recoil spring he likes his gun to slam back forward harder, I like a medium weight one, some like a very light spring... Either will work just fine as long as the gun is functioning.

a 125 at 1025 the lightest spring will be fine. ejecting just a couple of feet won't hurt anything either. I have just put about 500 rounds through an X Calibur recoil spring in my K100 with 125's

Tested out the medium spring today and had brass falling directly below the gun. Also had one stove pipe but I'm chalking that up to support hand thumb causing friction against the slide. Still trying to figure out the optimal grip placement for me. I am going back to the lightest spring as ejection was more positive by a couple feet with it.

Mine shoots about 4-5" too low and swapping rear sight for adjustable is easier then trying to find right front sight I guess.

I know I can send it in and have it fixed under warrantee but , I'd rather keep it simple.

My K100 shoots low as well, both with the original sights and the FO Front and Dynamic Rear I replaced them with. If I found somebody that made an adjustable rear for the K100 slide cut, I don't think I could throw my money at them fast enough. Interestingly though, you can find pictures of old Mk6's that have an LPA style rear in them. I'm thinking its the old Target model before a move to the Elliason style sight.

Another crazy thing is if you get the parts on Eagle's support pages, they have Elliason, Bomar and Novak style adjustable sights listed, but I highly doubt its correct.

Tested out the medium spring today and had brass falling directly below the gun. Also had one stove pipe but I'm chalking that up to support hand thumb causing friction against the slide. Still trying to figure out the optimal grip placement for me. I am going back to the lightest spring as ejection was more positive by a couple feet with it.

Sounds like the lighter one will be just perfect.

What ammo, and what distance. I am anxious for the adjustable sights to come out.

My K100 shoots low as well, both with the original sights and the FO Front and Dynamic Rear I replaced them with. If I found somebody that made an adjustable rear for the K100 slide cut, I don't think I could throw my money at them fast enough. Interestingly though, you can find pictures of old Mk6's that have an LPA style rear in them. I'm thinking its the old Target model before a move to the Elliason style sight.

Another crazy thing is if you get the parts on Eagle's support pages, they have Elliason, Bomar and Novak style adjustable sights listed, but I highly doubt its correct.

My XTrim came with 3 regular white dot front sights. Looks like they are 2.5,3.5,4.5 mm

The original FO on XTrim seems to be 4.5mm. Replaced it with regular 3.5mm white dot and it helped a lot. Point of aim is right on now.

Have friend in Slovkia shipping me 3.5 FO front sight , GP has 3 of them in different heights listed on thei EU website .

http://www.grandpower.eu/kategoria-17-clanok-253-detail-front-sight-fiber-optic-i-ii-iii-green-red-#ad-image-0

Called on of the gunsmiths on eagle import website and they offered to fix it under warrantee , but it's a hassle shipping the gun , when all I need a new front sight and it's 10 min job.