Grand Power X-Calibur: range reports

NicVerAZ

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ended up getting Dawson FO sight for CZ .super quick delivery .little sanding of the base to get it to fit and seems to work fine. No need for cross pin. This one has a set screw that holds it in place. Took it out to,the range and put 100 rounds thru withou issues and point of aim seems to be point of impact. Only drawback is that Dawson sight has smaller diameter FO.

Finally weighed my triggers on a scale.

Older Xcal - SA 2lb 6 oz - DA 6lb 7oz with all components in tact part 52

New Xcal - SA 3lb 5 oz - DA 7lb 10oz with all components

Older gun has over 7k rounds through it. Plus lots of people playing with it.

Ended up getting Dawson FO sight for CZ .super quick delivery .little sanding of the base to get it to fit and seems to work fine. No need for cross pin. This one has a set screw that holds it in place. Took it out to,the range and put 100 rounds thru withou issues and point of aim seems to be point of impact. Only drawback is that Dawson sight has smaller diameter FO.

Which CZ sight did you order?

I ordered a Shadow sight and there was No way it was going in. I would have had to remove a MM or more from the base of the sight in order to get it to the proper height to fit.

Which CZ sight did you order?

I ordered a Shadow sight and there was No way it was going in. I would have had to remove a MM or more from the base of the sight in order to get it to the proper height to fit.

That's pretty much what I did. Took a Dremel to the sight and took off material from the bottom of the sight. Once it fit in , no cross pin necessary. New sight has a setscrew from the top. Then install FO. Few hundred rounds later , no issues.

I would have won last local match with it , if I didn't forget on target ,and got down 10 and FTN on one stage. But can't blame that on the sights , or can I ? :):):):)

Maybe you guys can help me out. I've been running the X-Cal the past couple weekends. At first everything was great! As I've sped it up my grip placement can get a little sloppy on the draw shot and I'm already very forward with my support hand. What is happening is once I take that first shot, I believe the recoil is causing my support hand to contact the large mag release button. What subsequenly happens is the mag releases slightly and I'll have a stovepipe on extraction some of the time. I'm wondering if picking up the regular size mag release would solve my problem.

if you're hitting the mag release then yes, a shorter one will do wonders to solve the problem but as others have said...the problem is not the mag release, its your grip.

Fix that first brother.

• 4 weeks later...

Weird....

SO...nothing has changed in my recipe but for whatever reason, 400 rounds of 135 grain RNFP extreme bullets behind 3.8 grains of WST would not group...at all.

It was like a shotgun at 25 yards today and also twelve inches lower than my POA.

Factory 115 grain RN grouped, fed and functioned fine.

What loads are you guys running out of your guns with acceptable accuracy? Has anyone really hunkered down and done accuracy testing with different bullets?

Weird....

SO...nothing has changed in my recipe but for whatever reason, 400 rounds of 135 grain RNFP extreme bullets behind 3.8 grains of WST would not group...at all.

It was like a shotgun at 25 yards today and also twelve inches lower than my POA.

Factory 115 grain RN grouped, fed and functioned fine.

What loads are you guys running out of your guns with acceptable accuracy? Has anyone really hunkered down and done accuracy testing with different bullets?

I might be wrong here but that sounds like a shooter problem or an ammo problem. In my experience guns don't just start grouping poorly with a load they previously performed well with unless something is wrong with either the load or the gun. The gun shoots factory 115 fine so its not the gun that's the problem. If it was there would be issues with every load. Either that batch of 135 didn't turn out right or you are having a bad day.

Weather conditions can be a factor. I had a great load using Unique and 147gr which made PF and grouped wonderfully. Except in the summer... awful.

I use Titegroup, 3.3gr to 3.4gr, based on bullet and OAL. Works with 124, 135 and 147. Make different loads, vary the OAL and powder weight, then benchmark.

Hrm.

Lots of variables.

It was really hot and REALLY humid when i was shooting. WST is apparently very temp sensitive so perhaps that was it. This was also a new batch of bullets from xtreme so...yep, too many things to really consider here.

What i will say is that the ammo was grouping fine out of my P09 so that is why i am a little troubled by this.

As another poster said, things dont just magically go wrong with guns all of a sudden but i also had only put 1k rounds through the gun prior to this, mostly at an indoor range, mostly under 20 yards.