Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grand Power X-Calibur: range reports

NicVerAZ

You could, it's the same chassis/frame. I see nothing illegal about it, and i've never had an IDPA match check to see if serial numbers match. ( I have in IPSC)

I can't find any reason why not to shoot an X trim in SSP. I also picked up a P1, and will probably end up shooting it in CCP in the future as well.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gonna try Xcal tomorrow at local IDPA match. If it goes well finally , I might just buy XTrim for IDPA and keep Xcal for USPSA and move away from limited and go to production. I'm thinking , sticking to pretty much same gun for both type of competition might help.

Gonna try Xcal tomorrow at local IDPA match. If it goes well finally , I might just buy XTrim for IDPA and keep Xcal for USPSA and move away from limited and go to production. I'm thinking , sticking to pretty much same gun for both type of competition might help.

Enjoy and report :)

Well, xcal ran almost 100%. Only malfunction was my fault. So , I called my LGS and have him order XTrim and I've put my CZ75 for sale. Gonna stick with GP for IDPA and USPSA. I'm gonna switch to production from limited and shoot XTrim in ESP. This sy I shooting pretty much same gun with same setup in both competitions and hopefully start to improve again. Lately I've been trying too many things and it's not working out.

Wow that's rather impressive that you dump the CZ75 for GP.

I shoot only GP as well: P1 (my carry and for CCP), K100 (home defense and SSP) and X-Calibur (Production).

Join our forum on Facebook, we also talk gear in a more private environment.

Get basepads and grip tapes from Springer Precision, a Holster and offset from Mr Kingman.

We're waiting on a few more cool aftermarket parts.

I might be biased since I'm originally from Slovakia :):):)

But I like that it has interchangeable back satraps , unlike CZ , although CZ has great ergonomics , this just makes it little more customizable.

There's something about the way this gun manages recoil. Not sure if it's rotating barrel lock up ,or fairly high bore axes , but considering that XCal is significantly lighter then Shadow target , still feels like "heavy" gun when shooting it.

Also in my opinion , trigger is superior to custom CZ . Double action is just butter smooth and single action is crisp and supries ex me every time.

CZ is still great gun , Xcal has just little edge , at least in my opinion.

XTrim showed up today , but it'll be few weeks before I can actually pick it up . I was able to bring slide and barrel with me at least. Fits on the Xcal frame without problem , but shoots about 3" low .Rear sight is fixed and since Front sight is FO , there's not a whole lot I can do :):)

Any ideas?

Edited by valerko

shooting at 15 yards it's just about 3" low ,tried my reloads and factory ammo .

Gonna wait till I have original frame , which is gonna take few weeks in communist state of NY. I'm lucky my LGS is stand up guy and gave me barrel and slide to use

Edited by valerko

The Mark 7 used the movable trigger guard takedown was beefed up a little to and there is a latch you pull down instead of a movable trigger guard. the grip is ever so slightly higher some folks say. I don't know as it's "more expensive" just that last years models were being clearanced and were sold cheaper.