• 1 month later...
  • Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, ppswed said:

Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket trigger parts available for GP guns? Since it's allowed in the uspsa now, I was hoping that someone like Apex would start offering this soon. 

Doubt there's enough USPSA shooters running the GPs in production to start seeing much in the way of custom aftermarket parts.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just purchased my first GP: An XCalibur MK12. 

Now, granted, I haven't been able to make it to the range yet, but I've gotta say this right off the bat: I'm completely blown away by the quality of this gun.  The fit and finish is absolutely exceptional (I was especially impressed by the polish on the internals), the ergonomics are perfect, the SA trigger is insane (better than any of the Shadow 2's I tested while shopping around, IMHO), the slide action is buttery smooth, the lockup is tight as heck...I mean I could just go on and on about this gun.  As an engineer by profession, I am completely stunned by the quality of the design, the execution, and the actual production quality of this firearm.

Anyways, now that I've finished with my unbridled gushing (sorry about that, just had to do it!), I do have a couple questions about recoil springs: 

My XCalibur came with three recoil springs (one in the gun and two out), but they all looked the same: cylindrical black wire types, with 23 coils (like this one: https://grandpower.eagleimportsinc.com/grandpower/shop/parts/x-calibur-parts/recoil-spring-light).  The one in the gun was about 1/3" shorter than the others, but I image that's just the result of it being compressed for so long.

1. Do these guns ship with 3 Light recoil springs? 
  2. If these are light recoil springs, are they appropriate for standard power ammunition (i.e. not +p or +p+), or should I sub in one of these: https://grandpower.eagleimportsinc.com/grandpower/shop/parts/x-calibur-parts/recoil-spring
  3. Which recoil spring weight would guarantee the best performance and lifespan of the firearm with standard loads?
  4. Is there anywhere I could find a wider range of recoil spring weights for the X-Calibur (i.e. besides the eagle imports site)? 

Oh, and I'll be sure to post an actual range report as soon as I manage to do some shooting (hopefully in the next few days).

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bought my Dad an X-Calibur because his 85-year-old arthritic hands can no longer rack his 1911 slide; the X-Cal is much easier. I love the gun and intend to give it a go in Production some time when not shooting Classic / Single Stack.  Essentially, I find it to be a polymer 9 that a 1911 head can love - the ergos feel similar enough that it's like slipping into familiar shoes. Recoil and muzzle flip feel broadly comparable to a Shadow 2 in a gun almost a pound lighter. The SA trigger is fabulous, the DA is passable, and the low bore axis and the excellent Bomar-style sights make shooting it downright addictive, like eating potato chips.  Zero malfunctions so far with 115gr & 124gr factory hardball, but early days yet. We'll see how she runs in the long haul.

My X-Calibur has been passed about 40 000 shots. After 30 000 I replaced magazine catch.  And no other malfunctions. I used it as a replacement of my CZ Shadow 2 and I'm really impressed. Muzzle flip is a little bit more than SH2.  But accuracy is much much better (I still don't know why). 

• 2 weeks later...

On 4/12/2019 at 1:57 PM, MisterM said:

My X-Calibur has been passed about 40 000 shots. After 30 000 I replaced magazine catch.  And no other malfunctions. I used it as a replacement of my CZ Shadow 2 and I'm really impressed. Muzzle flip is a little bit more than SH2.  But accuracy is much much better (I still don't know why). 

True with the accuracy beng a little bit better than the shadow 2. 

Not really a range report.Went to NRA show today.Found out that Eagle Imports is no longer going to be handling GP.An importer by the name of Global Ordinance out of Florida has taken over.Asked about things like if slides cut for optics would be available.He said he was going to see where the most interest is,and give input to GP.Contact globalordnance.com

• 6 months later...
On 4/28/2019 at 7:57 PM, Shaky Dave said:

Not really a range report.Went to NRA show today.Found out that Eagle Imports is no longer going to be handling GP.An importer by the name of Global Ordinance out of Florida has taken over.Asked about things like if slides cut for optics would be available.He said he was going to see where the most interest is,and give input to GP.Contact globalordnance.com

Interesting! I was thinking about buying another as a gift to my mother.

i see the XCaliburs shown on the global ordinance sight have a “black” (blued??) barrel. Are there any other differences? Are these MK12 versions? What’s the finish on the barrel? Any word on availability of replacement parts?

10 hours ago, taters613 said:

Interesting! I was thinking about buying another as a gift to my mother.

i see the XCaliburs shown on the global ordinance sight have a “black” (blued??) barrel. Are there any other differences? Are these MK12 versions? What’s the finish on the barrel? Any word on availability of replacement parts?

The new guns appear identical to the Eagle imported ones, at least after the change from the Eliason type sight cut to the round front. The barrel in the new guns appears to be some sort of applied finish, but mine hasn't worn enough to tell yet; I only just got to shoot my new GO one.

The word is that GO has parts available; they supposedly bought up Eagle's stock and have been ordering more from GP.

I'm very hopeful that they will import the Match and Match CO guns, though I have not seen official word.

• 1 month later...
On 11/5/2019 at 9:02 PM, WhiteDingo said:

The new guns appear identical to the Eagle imported ones, at least after the change from the Eliason type sight cut to the round front. The barrel in the new guns appears to be some sort of applied finish, but mine hasn't worn enough to tell yet; I only just got to shoot my new GO one.

The word is that GO has parts available; they supposedly bought up Eagle's stock and have been ordering more from GP.

I'm very hopeful that they will import the Match and Match CO guns, though I have not seen official word.

What is a "Match"?

4 hours ago, Jeff O said:

Can't find the Excalibur on the GO website?

I have yet to see it listed there. The first batch they got in was only 10 pistols, I think. They posted on social media that they had some in stock at one point, but I don't think they have any standing inventory yet.

• 1 month later...

Can anybody give me an idea of the double action trigger pull on the X Cal? I see reports of anywhere from 6 lbs acceptable, to 10 lbs, not acceptable. Just bought one from Gun Pro Deals.

Edited by Jeff O