Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best shooting quote and advice

Youngeyes

Posted By BEnos on July31,2014.

"..... See the target, point the gun at the target (often, align the sights on the target), and hold the gun there until the bullet has left the barrel. "

That cuts right through all the verbal and mental gymnastics and get's right to the essense. I'm having this made up into inspirational cards. :)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trigger control is more important than sight alignment.

I think the context when I heard that(was miculek) was that new an intermediates are told over and over about the sights and not really about trigger pull.

• 2 weeks later...

Posted By BEnos on July31,2014.

"..... See the target, point the gun at the target (often, align the sights on the target), and hold the gun there until the bullet has left the barrel. "

That cuts right through all the verbal and mental gymnastics and get's right to the essense. I'm having this made up into inspirational cards. :)

Thanks. I lifted that from my fundamentals article:

http://www.brianenos.com/pages/words.html#fundamental

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the best advice that I received when I started shooting action pistol was " Shooting is just like driving, there are speed limit signs, stop signs, caution lights, etc. You have to learn to recognize them and pay attention to them". It has worked out fairly well for me.

Hurley

• 2 weeks later...