Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best range bag

bceglinski

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The I-Shot lists all of their range bags as imported. I will buy US made items over anything else when given the chance. These look like nice bags but for a imported item, it would be off my list but I'm stubborn like that I suppose.

The best bag that I have ever had is made by Hafner in Florida. Highest quality and very well designed.

I have the Seventeen Inch Bag at least that what I think it is named.....

Check them out they are well worth it....

Hello: Bagmaster bags are made in the USA. The couple of I-Shot bags I have are not made in the USA and are made from material that is not as tuff as the Shooters Connection bags. I am still looking for the perfect bag for me. I like easy access for mags on the outside of the bag, pockets for ammo on the outside and the rest of my stuff stored inside. Packpacks are ok but they fall over and really I don't need to take a bunch of stuff to the stages, I can leave that stuff in the car. Oh I forgot outside drink holders would be nice also. I am using the Dillon bag I won at nationals for clays and it works well for that, not so good for a pistol range bag. Thanks, Eric

Or you can go the route of the DAA pro range backpack. Or CED range bags are well made too!

Yep! The Range pack Pro is a monster! And it even has a hydration kit built in. Of course you would have to be in pretty good shape just to lug it around with it well stocked. It is most definitely a cart bag if you ask me. But man does it hold a bunch of gear!

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't read through the 30 responses but the bag I use is the Shooters Connection Tournament bag. Ran it 4 years now every weekend and still going strong. I purchased a shooters cart last year so I may go down to the next size smaller but it will be another SC bag.

I picked up a vertx bag off of a prize table last year and it is my favorite bag now. Lighter weight but still tough and rugged with lots of room etc...but they are expensive. Good thing I won it. If I hadn't I would still be using my sc tournament bag. Its built like a rock and has tons of room as well but is a bit bigger than the vertx bag.

I've got the large GPS shoulder bag and it holds pretty much two of everything I need. It's reasonably comfortable to carry. I have the same problem as a poster up thread in that if I have space, I'll fill it. I'd still highly recommend it.

A bag that no one mentioned is the range bag from American Shooters Edge (contact Sam Conway). I like and have used the Tournament Series bags from Shooters Connection but..........they are a bit bulky to take on an airplane as a carry on when your gear takes up most of the weight in your suitcase. The bag from American Shooters is a bit longer than the Tournament Series and a bit narrower so it fits in the overhead bins (even the small commuter jet overheads....). It holds 10 magazines, plus brush and rule book in one pouch, two full size SV pistols in pockets, 3 different sets of glasses, timer, spare parts/tools, sun tan lotion, tons of ammo in the center section that has a reinforced bottom and best of all.....................it has a waterproof lining in the bottom of the bag, so even if you have to set it down on wet grass or wet tables, it doesn't soak through like other bags.

Retail cost on the bag is the same as the Tournament Series. Lots of color choices. If you have more questions about this bag, look up the older issues of Front Site magazine where I wrote up an article on this bag (2011 I think....).

Some of the prizes at my Fund Racer Match in July will be brand new bags as part of American Shooters Edge Sponsorship of the match. Come to the match and win a brand new bag......................Just a thought.

The I-shot webpage is closing out their inventory.. Nice little brass bags for $3.50 and good prices on the range bags left in stock.

:roflol: If you want pink, you get $15 off the range bag sale price.

I still have and use a couple Harris Enterprises range bags from 25 years ago. The elastic is a little saggy, and the corners are a little worn...Kind of like their owner. :rolleyes:

The Midway bag is a good imitation of the Shooter's Connection tournament bag. Maybe a little less stiffness on the side panels but it's held up great for the past year. About half the price and still supporting the right industry players, but I'm sure it's a little less quality. That said, Shooter's Connection is a more focused supporter of USPSA and pistol sports.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm using the GPS "Medium" Range bag:

http://www.amazon.com/G-P-S-602150-P-Medium-Range-Bag/dp/B00DECL7QW

I have no complaints about the durability but it can be a bit "cramped" occasionally. In particular I've got a 6 magazine "wallet' that I use to carry my mags in and it won't fit in the bag flat if I've got stuff in the outer pockets. I've still made due with it for a long time now though. Prior to this I was just making due with a plain old $10 "duffle bag". Storage space was actually better on that bag but organization wasn't great, and they'd tear up after a year or so.

I have been using the Larue Pro Shooters bag that I bought 3 years ago when they offered it in Multicam. They are made my WRB and they come in 3 sizes. It's been great as a general range bag and is probably just the right size for lugging between stages. Quality and durability are outstanding. I frequently use it as a shooting rest for my AR's and aside from some muzzle blast marks from comps, it looks new.

I've tried a few flavors of Midway range and rifle bags and I have found that they are pretty low quality but get the job done for the price.

I recently bought one the Vertx range bag because I needed something a little bigger for when I need to bring my spotting scope, range finder and other bits when I go rifle shooting but I think I will use it for matches too as the double deck design will allow me to carry what I need without having to dig through a bunch of stuff in a typical range bag.

I have a Shooters Connection large and medium bags and gave my wife a CED medium bag.

Stay away from the CED/DAA RangePack Pro Backpack, they are collapsing after about 3 months.

also the zip on the bottom part of the bags goes

• 7 months later...

Shooters Connection Tournament Series​ is just the best I've seen. The Pro is a bit larger if you want to carry a lot and the Ultra is smaller but still larger than most bags on the market. I have the Pro and at most matches I pull the inner out and just carry that. Works great, you will not be disappointed!