Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

pro match .40 magazine

doctordan70s

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get the Grams followers & springs. With the Arredondo extended base, I only got 19 for some reason. The Dawson is a lot more expensive, but with the Grams guts you will get 21. Or you could build one 21rd. mag & several Arredondo mags for 19-20.

The Mecgar P16 mags Greg Cote sells must be different, cause I just tried 2 standard Mecgar P16 mags that were too short to work with the factory magwell & Dawson basepads. I got 2 new STI mags that worked perfectly though.

I have 3 of the mec gar built p16 mags and there is a small difference in the cut of the mags at the top of the mag compared to the RIA supplied mag. Thats the only difference i can find, they are the same size body and fit and drop free.

On the MecGar P16 mags I have, the tubes are shorter (~2mm) than the Armscor/RIA supplied mag. The concern I had was that some +capacity bases may not lock in. Glad to hear that the Dawsons locked in, functioned, & dropped free properly in conjunction with the OEM magwell.
. Guess my concerns were valid. I have the MG branded p16 in nickel from Greg. Edited by Yeti

Does anybody know a measirment on feed lips? I tried the Grams spring and followers in the factory mag and it works but locks the slide back with one round still in the mag. I tweaked the lips in slightly to force the nose of the bullet down solving the problem. I have the MEC Gar Pare tubes ordered, so this may not be an issue for them. But I'll probably use a Grams spring and follower in the factory mag as a back up. I gained one round using the Grams spring and follower in the factory mag.

Hi guys,

New member here.

I just picked up a .40 pro match model #51738. I have read this thread and the other RIA thread a couple times and I am still not clear.

Is this the correct combo for magazines for this pistol - mec gar para p16 mags part # MGP164015 (B/N), grams 11 coil spring with follower and a dawson para p16 extended base pad part #005004 / 005003?

19-20 rounds is ok with me as long as it's reliable.

Thanks.

Edited by 2ndtimearound

I don't know if anyone looked, but I have not seen it referenced in a thread.

If you go to the RIA / Armscor website and look in their parts, accessories, apparel area (us.advancedtactical.com) they have listed with the mec gar magazines a para p16 mag. It specifically states that the magazine needs a base plate to work with Rock Island firearms. It just doesn't say what or who's base plate.

Hi guys,

New member here.

I just picked up a .40 pro match model #51738. I have read this thread and the other RIA thread a couple times and I am still not clear.

Is this the correct combo for magazines for this pistol - mec gar para p16 mags part # MGP164015 (B/N), grams 11 coil spring with follower and a dawson para p16 extended base pad part #005004 / 005003?

19-20 rounds is ok with me as long as it's reliable.

Thanks.

Thats the combo i am running and can get 21rds in them. They have been reliable so far but i havent had a chance to put many rounds through them yet.