Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dreams so real...

Bunchies95

I hate it when a dream is so real that when you wake up you can't tell the difference between the dream world and reality. Was convinved I got a 100% on my Finance Term paper for my MBA....extremely disappointed when I logged onto Blackboard this morning and saw that grades weren't posted yet. Went from thinking all I needed was a 50% of the final to get an A in the class to not even sure what I need to do to pass the class yet.

I hate it when a dream is so real that when you wake up you can't tell the difference between the dream world and reality. Was convinved I got a 100% on my Finance Term paper for my MBA....extremely disappointed when I logged onto Blackboard this morning and saw that grades weren't posted yet. Went from thinking all I needed was a 50% of the final to get an A in the class to not even sure what I need to do to pass the class yet.

Good luck on it! I'm waiting for my final paper grade too. It sucks.

Had a dream that my left arm was paralyzed. Woke up suddenly to find my left arm without any feeling in it and I could not move it. I stood up and it just flopped around. Scared the hell out of me because the dream became reality. Took almost 5 minutes to regain normal function of the arm. I have no idea why this happend. Wasn't sleeping on the arm, was on my back.

I usually have pretty vivid dreams but I had one the other night that really freaked me out. In my dream, I woke up to the sound of our garage door closing. Shortly after, the door that leads into our house closed and the hallway light came on. My wife leaned over and said, "Did you forget to close the garage before you came to bed?" I responded, "I thought I closed it". I could hear someone rummaging through our kitchen cabinets and drawers so my instinct was to get up and grab my gun...only I couldn't move. I thought it might have been my step-son so I yelled his name and got no response. I tried to get up again and still couldn't move. I kept trying while watching for someone to walk into our bedroom.

When I was finally able to move, I woke up. Here's the freaky part, I looked out into the hall and THE LIGHT WAS ON!!! Then I really panicked because I wasn't sure if it was a dream or reality. I got my senses about me and realized my wife had installed a new night light in the hall for when she has to get up our kids in the middle of the night. It was bright enough to appears as if the hall light was on. Took me a while to finally get back to sleep from that one.

If you hate it now, just think how much more it will feel when you get the same dream years from now.

I have a reoccurring dream about the last few weeks of a mandatory "Strength of Materials" class I took in the last semester for my engineering degree. Its been almost 40 years since I took that class and still have the nightmare. I wake up and need to convince myself it done and over.

In this case, hate is just not a strong enough word.

Bill

Had a dream that my left arm was paralyzed. Woke up suddenly to find my left arm without any feeling in it and I could not move it. I stood up and it just flopped around. Scared the hell out of me because the dream became reality. Took almost 5 minutes to regain normal function of the arm. I have no idea why this happend. Wasn't sleeping on the arm, was on my back.

That's exactly why it happened. Your spine mis aligned in such a way that it put pressure on a nerve. I have the same thing except mine kills both arms and hands when it happens. It is temporary but freaky.

• 5 weeks later...

I only time in 30 years I have been mad at my wife . . . . actually about the maddest I've ever been in my life.

She started smoking, I asked her to stop and she refused.

I woke up , realized it was a dream - I was STILL mad for about 10-15 minutes. It was hard to believe it was a dream.

Dreams seem to be just another level of our lives' reality. Freaky and creepy sometimes, though. Especially when they leave a funny taste in your mind that is hard to get rid of the following day. Some of the dreams I've had have made me intensely uncomfortable for longer than a day. That's hard to take.

I did dream once that I was standing on a stage (looked like the Berkeley Community Theatre) talking to Bill Graham. I was, in this scenario, the manager of the Rolling Stones and we were discussing arrangements for an upcoming performance. I was on Cloud Nine for days after THAT dream. Seriously.

Couple nights ago I had a dream that, for some reason, I had two of my pistols at work. Both in the hard case I transport them in. I was showing them to a co-worker and when I racked the slide on my beloved .45 there was rust everywhere. :surprise: Then I noticed the case they were in was wet. Then I noticed that the filing cabinet I had put the case on was wet. Then I noticed water pouring from the ceiling on them. Then I saw my freshly built .38S was completely covered in rust. :sick:

I woke up in a cold sweat and had to go check them to make sure they were OK before I could go back to sleep.