Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Remington AG&AG 3-Gun University May 5-8, 2015

Remington and A Girl & A Gun are proud to present the 2015 Spring Girls Getaway – 3-Gun University to be held at the NRA Whittington Center May 5-8, 2015. This event is running during the week to ensure participants can be home on Sunday for Mother's Day. :goof:

NEW Shooters.... as in don't have any guns or gear... They are welcome too. It is encouraged that participants have their own guns and gear, but if there is a gal that really wants to attend and does not have a set up that would be suitable, Remington will provide loaner guns, and we will ensure that the required gear for belt set up is available.

3-Gun University is a training match for women just getting into 3-Gun or for those wanting to improve their skills. Participants will be challenged by 4 natural terrain stages in the spirit of Rocky Mountain 3-Gun, Before shooting each stage for score, there will be an instructional period led by Coaches on specific skill sets, tips and techniques. In addition to Coaches working with all squads, our RO staff has been hand picked to lend to support to the Coaches and be a resource for the participants. In preparation for the match all registered participants will have the opportunity to interact with our Coaches, staff and sponsors on how to best prepare for the event with tips and hints on gear, equipment, guns, travel, nutrition and so much more. When participants arrive all stages will be open for review, filming and reviewing stage films is encouraged.

On Thursday night, there will be dinner party with music and good eats AND all the shooters will get to choose a stage to reshoot on Friday as a “mulligan” to improve their score.

We are excited to introduce some women to a new shooting sport and help others improve their skills against the beautiful backdrop of the NRA Whittington Center.

This match is the first of its kind with training while shooting for score in a major match atmosphere!

AG&AG is proud to offer this opportunity to women everywhere!

I'm really excited about this match! We've got some great coaches lined up and I've already started video'ing our helpful hints to get them all ready!

If you are, or know a lady that wants to jump into 3-Gun or gain some more experience...especially with natural terrain 3-Gun...send her to the website: http://www.agirlandagun.org/s/events/3-gun-university/ There's a way to sign up, even if you don't belong to AG&AG!

I seem to be having ideas about it every day! I think it's going to be really special! I know it's a busy season for sign-ups, but it might make a nice Christmas present for the lady you love! :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

We have a closed group on facebook for tips from coaches and match director to help the ladies shooting the match know what to expect!

We have some video talks and coaches to answer questions to help all experience levels feel more comfortable with 3-Gun.

We've got videos about slings, belts and such, shotgun loading, sighting in already up and ready for viewing.

We have talks on ammo, scoring, scoping out a stage, practicing, mounting a scope, trigger control, ELS system, clothing, transporting guns at the range, and prep in the works...as well as others as questions come in, or one of the coaches have something they want to share!

The idea is to have all the different experience levels have some idea what to expect and how to get ready BEFORE they even get there! We have amazing coaches to answer questions and share experiences and ideas.

Even if you have experience in 3-gun, there will be something to learn at the match and time to do so! It's a mulligan match, and in this case you do get to wait until the end to decide on your mulligan stage. Our shooters will have time to see what they did well and what needs improvement on each stage before they decide which stage to reshoot! I think it will make it a lot of fun!

Check out more information about the match at: http://www.agirlandagun.org/s/events/3-gun-university/

There really hasn't been a match like this ever before. We have a number of excellent RO's lined up to help both the experienced shooters and the newbies. This is a chance for "just fell off the turnip truck". "I've been to a few locals 3-guns," "I've been to a couple big 3-Guns, but I want to do better" and even, "I'm pretty good at this" to learn and have fun shooting with all ladies! Give it a look see!

Happy New Year!

:wub: Denise

• 4 months later...

So excited!!! All the stages are set! The ladies of Remington are coming out to join us!!!

It's going to be hard, but I think the ladies will have a LOT of fun and learn a lot!

We have excellent coaches and RO's and the ladies coming out are so enthusiastic!!!

I am so looking forward to meeting/seeing them!!!

:wub: Denise