Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

how to get a smooth crisp trigger break

Doctor

i just bought a desert eagle 1911. The trigger is 3.5 pounds our of the box. It is not as smooth as my high end 1911's and i was wondering how to get the trigger as good as one can get it. dont shoot competitively except silhouette rifle and we have 2 pound triggers. Should i purchase a wilson combat trigger and whatever else or have a smith rework the trigger...for three pounds or 3.5 pounds?

thanks

I charge $50 for a 1911 trigger job IF the stock parts can be used. Our 1911s are set at 1 1/4 lb. Competition use only. Same pull weight as our Glocks. This is a must have tool http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/general-gunsmith-tools/trigger-job-tools/stoning-fixtures/yavapai-1911-auto-sear-tool-prod928.aspx

Be careful with that 'must have tool". The hammer/sear pins on the first one I ordered were not parallel and that was easily seen by the naked eye. The second was a bit better but not by much.

Be careful with that 'must have tool". The hammer/sear pins on the first one I ordered were not parallel and that was easily seen by the naked eye. The second was a bit better but not by much.

First thing I checked after two disasters with Power Custom jigs.

If you know how to fully strip your gun for cleaning.(if not gunsmith). Get an Ed brown jig and a couple of stones. About 100 bucks. No gunsmith wait or shipping charges.

Is it really that easy? I can take my gun apart and put it back together. So you think I'm good to go on doing my own trigger jobs?