Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Would You Use

I have a M&P sport. I'm new to AR's. I want set this up for 3G and home defense. I'm looking for the poor man's version. I'm going to get a Rolling Thunder Comp. I Think. Not sure what buffer system would be best. Just want to get the recoil down best I can. Will probably change the trigger as well. Won't be shooting a ton of three gun witch is why I'm going this route. I've shot a lot of USPSA. And will stay with that as my main sport. If I get into 3G more serious then I'll get a strait competition AR. Would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

The Rolling Thunder is a great comp, make sure to tune it for the best performance. For the trigger, the CMC is hard to beat for the price. I like the Hyperfire the best but it's twice the price almost. If you are doing HD, get the MOE setup with the add on rails for a light. That is not my first choice but again, hard to beat for the price. The hydraulic/mechanical buffers help with the rearward force but really not necessary. Keeps it inexpensive, lightweight, and functional.

Edited by gng4life